Photo request: Black Chevron Jumbo in Lambskin

Jun 10, 2016
Hi!

As a birthing gift to myself, I just bought a black chevron jumbo in lambskin with light gold hardware, sight unseen. Can anyone who owns one (or something similar) post some photos of their bag, including any model shots? I want to get a better idea of what I can look forward to! It's strangely hard to find any images online. I'm also 5'8" and want to know what it might look like on my frame.

And what do you guys think about LGHW on this particular bag? I already have a caviar ML quilted flap in GHW and a black business affinity in LGHW, but wonder if maybe the chevron would have been better in silver? Or do you agree that the chevron looked more elegant in the LGHW like my SA advised...

And I know this is a seasonal bag, but I wonder if it's still considered classic enough to retain its appeal and value over time...

Just some thoughts to mull over while I wait since they're shipping it to me for delivery next week.

Can't wait!! Thank you, everyone!

Reactions: Kendie26
Hi! Firstly congrats on your new arrival! Now as for the bag, IMHO as far as black lambskin chevron goes you can't go wrong, and I think it looks fab with the light gold hardware! There have been a couple of reveals on the forum of the m/l version of the one you bought (Kendie26 just added one to her fab collection). I have an m/l black lamb chevron with antique gold hardware from 2015 and it's by far my fave bag and gets so many compliments. I don't think it will ever look dated, I think it's more classic with a little Chanel edge if anything! I actually love mine so much I often wish I'd bought the jumbo version of it instead of the m/l! Can't help with pics I'm afraid as I'm only 5'2" and mine is he m/l but it gets my vote! Please reveal when she arrives! [emoji4]

I don't have a "classic" chevron jumbo, but I do have a bag in jumbo size lambskin with SHW called "like a chevron", and I'm 5'8". The difference compared to the one you got essentially is that mine is single flap and the chevron is more raised/puffier but more "narrow" because there is double stitching (2 stitching lines) between each chevron (I've included a close up of that bag for your reference). I find personally that my jumbo bags look fine when the chain is doubled up on my shoulder, but about 1-2 inches too long when hung cross body, and even more so too long when single chain on shoulder (which I never do with jumbo personally).

The black chevron was my 2nd Chanel bag so it was bought late 2015 before my addiction. Though I still love the way the bag looks, I no longer like larger bags in the jumbo size and find the M/L size bags more to my liking so sadly haven't used it as much along with the other 4 compared to my other Chanel bags in smaller sizes (lost some weight since last year and carry much less stuff than before. The jumbo size shape just doesn't look the same anymore/flatter my frame now so it's just a personal preference thing).

I also have a M/L size bright blue caviar classic chevron that I wear lots and in the classic chevron pattern for your reference - this one I use all the time. I find that with the M/L chain it hangs perfectly single or double strap on shoulder (it's the perfect "shoulder bag" proportion as Coco's original creation similarly in the reissue 225 size). When I wear it cross body now it's slightly high but right on top of my hip which looked quite ok to me and not bad at all personally - since I've slimmed down. I also find it more convenient to reach for and get things when I have it cross bodied because it's closer to me, if that makes sense?

It irks me that now, jumbo bags bang against my upper outer thigh (worn crossed bodied) or against my lower thigh a bit above the knees (worn single strap on shoulder) when I walk - so I only use jumbo when I know that I wont need to use my hands much for the day which means I would not have to carry it in those two ways and only with chain doubled up. The M/L used to be right under my ribs when cross bodied when I tried it on a year ago but I was at least 8 lbs. heavier so it looked ridiculous - hence my initial jumbo bag purchases in the past - the M/L looked a bit like a toy bag on me back then which proportionally I felt made me look even bigger and did not flatter at all! :lol: That's why I needed to get the Jumbo size in the past to balance my body shape even though I personally didn't like the chain length for jumbo.

However, again these are of course only personal preferences (how much stuff you carry with you and if you prefer bag to hang high/lower on your body). I always find that the only "universally pleasing" size bag for day to day with the perfect proportion in bag size and chain length is the 226 reissue - it's just hard to complain about that one.

The photos for the black chevron bag was from a year ago (I was between US size 8-10 or high end of size M), while the photos with the blue chevron bag was from about 3 months ago (between US size 4-6, size S). All this info because I think one's body size/shape does make quite a big difference in how a jumbo/ML look on the person's frame beside height, including whether or not if one has an average/longer/shorter upper torso (even if you're at same height). I have an average upper torso proportionally.

Hope the photos help you a bit as you wait for your lovely new acquisition :smile:

Like a Chevron bag_resized.jpg 20151230_134005_resized.jpg 20160329_221436_resized_2.jpg Blue chevron at work.jpg Blue chevron theory dress.jpg

Wow!! You have no idea what a huge help your response has been. It made me go try on my ML and realize that I actually NEEDED the jumbo because of recent weight gain from having a baby this past Tuesday. Haha. Indeed, the ML looked like a toy bag on my new frame. Now that I think about it, I actually remember when i was thinner (size 4, like you) and deciding between my ML and the jumbo, the jumbo looked so so HUGE on me back then. Probably not the case anymore. ;) Hopefully it'll tide me over while I get back into shape.

In any case, your perspective was super insightful and totally helpful. Much appreciate it and the photos! Thank you!!

Reactions: Vanana
I don't have a "classic" chevron jumbo, but I do have a bag in jumbo size lambskin with SHW called "like a chevron", and I'm 5'8". The difference compared to the one you got essentially is that mine is single flap and the chevron is more raised/puffier but more "narrow" because there is double stitching (2 stitching lines) between each chevron (I've included a close up of that bag for your reference). I find personally that my jumbo bags look fine when the chain is doubled up on my shoulder, but about 1-2 inches too long when hung cross body, and even more so too long when single chain on shoulder (which I never do with jumbo personally).

The black chevron was my 2nd Chanel bag so it was bought late 2015 before my addiction. Though I still love the way the bag looks, I no longer like larger bags in the jumbo size and find the M/L size bags more to my liking so sadly haven't used it as much along with the other 4 compared to my other Chanel bags in smaller sizes (lost some weight since last year and carry much less stuff than before. The jumbo size shape just doesn't look the same anymore/flatter my frame now so it's just a personal preference thing).

I also have a M/L size bright blue caviar classic chevron that I wear lots and in the classic chevron pattern for your reference - this one I use all the time. I find that with the M/L chain it hangs perfectly single or double strap on shoulder (it's the perfect "shoulder bag" proportion as Coco's original creation similarly in the reissue 225 size). When I wear it cross body now it's slightly high but right on top of my hip which looked quite ok to me and not bad at all personally - since I've slimmed down. I also find it more convenient to reach for and get things when I have it cross bodied because it's closer to me, if that makes sense?

It irks me that now, jumbo bags bang against my upper outer thigh (worn crossed bodied) or against my lower thigh a bit above the knees (worn single strap on shoulder) when I walk - so I only use jumbo when I know that I wont need to use my hands much for the day which means I would not have to carry it in those two ways and only with chain doubled up. The M/L used to be right under my ribs when cross bodied when I tried it on a year ago but I was at least 8 lbs. heavier so it looked ridiculous - hence my initial jumbo bag purchases in the past - the M/L looked a bit like a toy bag on me back then which proportionally I felt made me look even bigger and did not flatter at all! :lol: That's why I needed to get the Jumbo size in the past to balance my body shape even though I personally didn't like the chain length for jumbo.

However, again these are of course only personal preferences (how much stuff you carry with you and if you prefer bag to hang high/lower on your body). I always find that the only "universally pleasing" size bag for day to day with the perfect proportion in bag size and chain length is the 226 reissue - it's just hard to complain about that one.

The photos for the black chevron bag was from a year ago (I was between US size 8-10 or high end of size M), while the photos with the blue chevron bag was from about 3 months ago (between US size 4-6, size S). All this info because I think one's body size/shape does make quite a big difference in how a jumbo/ML look on the person's frame beside height, including whether or not if one has an average/longer/shorter upper torso (even if you're at same height). I have an average upper torso proportionally.

Hope the photos help you a bit as you wait for your lovely new acquisition :smile:

View attachment 3568752 View attachment 3568753 View attachment 3568755 View attachment 3568756 View attachment 3568757

Love your images, especially the blue medium

Hi!

As a birthing gift to myself, I just bought a black chevron jumbo in lambskin with light gold hardware, sight unseen. Can anyone who owns one (or something similar) post some photos of their bag, including any model shots? I want to get a better idea of what I can look forward to! It's strangely hard to find any images online. I'm also 5'8" and want to know what it might look like on my frame.

And what do you guys think about LGHW on this particular bag? I already have a caviar ML quilted flap in GHW and a black business affinity in LGHW, but wonder if maybe the chevron would have been better in silver? Or do you agree that the chevron looked more elegant in the LGHW like my SA advised...

And I know this is a seasonal bag, but I wonder if it's still considered classic enough to retain its appeal and value over time...

Just some thoughts to mull over while I wait since they're shipping it to me for delivery next week.

just wanted to say that above all else, CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!! glad to hear you both are doing well. it's truly a miracle being able to grow a human being inside of you and bring that baby into this world, where you both are healthy (lots of things can go wrong, and sometimes ignorance is bliss!). and now to the other congrats - i think you picked such a stunner!! i have the rect mini size to your exact same bag (so the little sister to your jumbo) and it's truly my most favorite bag in my entire collection. i have worn this little beauty daily since christmas and get compliments every time!! the chevron makes it so modern but bc of the black + gold, it still looks SO Chanel, know what i mean? i am a huge fan of the light gold hardware bc i am able to wear gold & silver hardware with it and it matches both so well!! i also think you can get away with carrying it to more "dressy" events bc it's light gold yet still able to wear it as a casual every day bag bc it also looks silver in some lighting. Even my husband who usually doesn't pay attention to what i buy commented that he loves this bag bc it's classy yet "cool looking" with the chevron quilting. btw, fellow member @Kendie26 bought the same back just recently, i bet she can also chime in on how much she loves it!! oh and i also wanted to add that Chanel has done chevron quilting since the 90's, it's not new! there are plenty of chevron vintage bags floating around the resale market. chevron is getting a huge following and many think that it's a new style, but it really isn't. Chanel was the first to produce it, regardless of what others may think. (some think YSL/Saint Laurent did it first, but that's not true!)

@dudleykate @ceedoan @rakhee81
:wave:Hello Lovelies!! (rakhee & ceedoan, kudos to your amazing memory in remembering I recently got this glorious bag!!)
dudleykate~ WOOHOO!! Double BIG CONGRATS on both your :yahoo:baby & your jumbo:tup:!! Can't wait to see it! I think you will absolutely LOVE it, it's just the most amazing, chic bag. Agree w/ all the fine ladies comments here. I'm just 5'3" & I bought the chevron lambskin w/ gold hw in the medium size. I've been going back & forth over purchasing a jumbo but I just fear it may be a little too large for my frame, but maybe not. I LOVE the jumbo's & I think it will be amazing with your wonderful height. I don't own a jumbo so I can't post a mod, but I do see lots of stunning mods w/ jumbo's. All the best to you!!:flowers:

I just went through this same thought process! Jumbo used to seem huge to me. Now post baby, it fits my frame well (much better than a mini), and I think I will be used to it as I lose the baby weight because I love this size now.

Hi!

Hi! Congrats on your new love! I absolutely believe the Chevron is a classic bag with an edge, and will definitely maintain its value over the course of time. I am interested in purchasing the exact bag with chevron jumbo in lambskin LGHW for my upcoming birthday; this will be my first Chanel purchase ever! Can you confirm the price of the bag to date? Also, I would love to see mod shots of your new bag. Congrats again!

Thank you for the baby love everyone! She's my second born after my son and I'm so in love. Something about having a daughter... Been busy with adjusting so I haven't been able to post my thanks speedily, but I will definitely be happy to post photos for you by tomorrow, ni7723.

She's BEAUTIFUL by the way! This time I'm talking about my new Chanel. Hahaha.

Reactions: Doodles78
Wow!! You have no idea what a huge help your response has been. It made me go try on my ML and realize that I actually NEEDED the jumbo because of recent weight gain from having a baby this past Tuesday. Haha. Indeed, the ML looked like a toy bag on my new frame. Now that I think about it, I actually remember when i was thinner (size 4, like you) and deciding between my ML and the jumbo, the jumbo looked so so HUGE on me back then. Probably not the case anymore. ;) Hopefully it'll tide me over while I get back into shape.

In any case, your perspective was super insightful and totally helpful. Much appreciate it and the photos! Thank you!!
You're so welcome, and super congrats!!!!!! I'm so jealous of you having a baby girl! :girlsigh: Yow now formally have a Chanel successor while I continue to hope that I have awesome daughter in laws or granddaughters :P

Yeah... my weight and frame changed many times in the past and it used to fluctuate a lot, but at this point in my life, I've decided that I'm all done with babies (so sad - those were crazy busy days but without doubt the most memorable and happiest days of my life) and I'm so excited for you :smile: Hahaha I decided it's time to keep my weight stable but though jumbo doesn't really work as well for me now, I firmly believe that having a few jumbos in one's collection is quite a good idea regardless - and you got a gorgeous one! :heart:

Enjoy this beauty and the precious little ones.