Phone Order

There is a lot of discussion about placing a phone order.

My local NM has to put me on a waiting list for a M/L flap. I sent an email to Jonathan at Saks. Tutushopper recommended his service.

Last edited:
There is a lot of discussion about placing a phone order.

My local NM has to put me on a waiting list for a M/L flap. I sent an email to Jonathan at Saks. Tutushopper recommended his service.

He was fantastic for me, and thanks to him I have my lovely 13C RED M/L lambskin classic flap beauty! He was really friendly and helpful. James at NM in Florida is also really nice; I have ordered from both. Most of the SAs that people here recommend are great. It's just when you walk in cold to a store that it seems to be very inconsistent. I think it also boils down to who really wants to make sales, and who is just going through the motions. Additionally, sometimes some store chains are sold out of things, but helpful SAs will check stock in those other store locations for you so you know this. Some do, some don't. Chanel itself keeps changing their corporate policy as well, so it's really kinda nuts. I don't like to point out to SAs that I've dropped tons of money in their stores; I don't feel I should have to do that to get good service. It should be a given. I'm nice, polite, but I don't like to be pushy. As I mentioned on another thread, the Dior SAs were so much different than the Chanel ones that even my DD made an unsolicited remark about it that was quite astute.

As to the phone-order, I think Classic are the ones that must be purchased on site. All other items, Chanel will happily ship them to you, but yes, if only you are already in the system.

It seems that Chanel at the Nordstrom has been under the tight control by the Chanel Corporate. The SA at Nordstrom near my place told me that they could get anything (like Celine or Valentino) from other stores but not CHANEL. (It would not be impossible but she said it is really really hard to do so for some reasons she also does not know why)

Finally, Johnathan at Saks is indeed a fantastic SA! But I also know that there are many things that are out of his control....:smile:

I hope you will get the perfect chanel though:smile:

He was fantastic for me, and thanks to him I have my lovely 13C RED M/L lambskin classic flap beauty! He was really friendly and helpful. James at NM in Florida is also really nice; I have ordered from both. Most of the SAs that people here recommend are great. It's just when you walk in cold to a store that it seems to be very inconsistent. I think it also boils down to who really wants to make sales, and who is just going through the motions. Additionally, sometimes some store chains are sold out of things, but helpful SAs will check stock in those other store locations for you so you know this. Some do, some don't. Chanel itself keeps changing their corporate policy as well, so it's really kinda nuts. I don't like to point out to SAs that I've dropped tons of money in their stores; I don't feel I should have to do that to get good service. It should be a given. I'm nice, polite, but I don't like to be pushy. As I mentioned on another thread, the Dior SAs were so much different than the Chanel ones that even my DD made an unsolicited remark about it that was quite astute.

Hi there, sorry to interrupt. Mind telling me how can I contact Jonathan from saks? I'm pretty new here. :smile: thank you in advance :smile:

tutushopper said:

I totally agree with you tutushopper. Jonathan was very nice and emailed me back within a couple of hours about my inquires. I think more Chanel SAs should be friendly and helpful like Jonathan.

I totally agree with you tutushopper. Jonathan was very nice and emailed me back within a couple of hours about my inquires. I think more Chanel SAs should be friendly and helpful like Jonathan.

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great experience with him. :smile: He really is helpful and super friendly. I agree they should be like that in the Chanel boutiques!

I sent Jonathan an email after receiving his contact info on 2/2. It has been four days and there is still no reply.

The 2.55 is the only Chanel handbag that will require you to buy it in person. They will NOT do a phone order even if you are in the system. With any other handbag you wouldn't have a problem. Recommendation: If you have a friend or relative that lives in a state where there is a boutique just have them buy it for you then ship it over to you!

Saks and NM ships international and can do phone order. Bought my Jumbo from Karen at Saks. [email protected] and PST from Christina at Neiman Marcus.
[email protected] Both are very helpful and super nice. I like Saks cos shipping charges for international is only $50 for one or more items. I bought few chanel pieces and other brand she has for one shipping charges.