Phone Order

I called two Saks stores on the west coast and have no luck so far. That SA didn't even bother to call other stores for me.

from my bad experience with saks before, i would not recommend you buy chanel from saks. i called and place an order with one sa at saks, i request that he check my bag before sending it to me. i told him i want my bag with no scratch, dent, crease mark or any kind of flaws. he then told me the bag is in perfect condition, i should not be worry. so i placed the order with him. almost a week passed by, still i dont see my bag. so wednesday morning i receive an email from him with the tracking number. the bag was sent out on friday but he waited until wednesday to send me the notice, and the bag is suppose to be deliver the same day he email me. after i open the package, no pretty ribbons or camellia flower. arent they suppose to wrap it that way when selling classic flap? the bag is no near perfect, the chain are not wrap, no stuffing inside, no tag, the bag look used and the lambskin feel rough like wax or sand paper. i went to post office right away and return my bag. i called saks customer service to let them know why im returning the bag, guess what they told me? they said my bag was transfer from another store and someone else other than the sa that sold the bag to me pack my package, that is why i receive a damage bag. not even an apology, not like i need one, but i dont think that is how a good customer service should be. everything they told me is all lies. they just want to cover up their mistakes. before i make the purchase i ask nicely for the sa to check over my bag, he told me he got the bag in his hand and it is in perfect condition. he just want to make sale and dont care if customer receive a damage bag. im done with saks, no more shopping there. they ruin my hope for a beautiful chanel bag, im going back to neiman marcus, at least they treat me better and not lying about the condition of the bag before i purchase.

im sorry for the long story.

I had quite the opposite experience recently with Jonathan from Saks in Georgia. He was great to work with, found my bag that I wanted, personally packed it himself, and it arrived with all the trimmings (tag attached, packed in the box with lots of tissue inside the bag as well as felt between the flap and zipper area, as well as front flap and front of bag, tissue around the bag inside the black magnetic box, chains wrapped very well, etc.). The bag is immaculate with no marks or scratches and is stunning. I think it really varies from one person to another, but I would not hesitate to recommend Jonathan to anyone from my experience. I paid extra to have rush shipping, and it came in 2 days. I am one happy customer.

from my bad experience with saks before, i would not recommend you buy chanel from saks. i called and place an order with one sa at saks, i request that he check my bag before sending it to me. i told him i want my bag with no scratch, dent, crease mark or any kind of flaws. he then told me the bag is in perfect condition, i should not be worry. so i placed the order with him. almost a week passed by, still i dont see my bag. so wednesday morning i receive an email from him with the tracking number. the bag was sent out on friday but he waited until wednesday to send me the notice, and the bag is suppose to be deliver the same day he email me. after i open the package, no pretty ribbons or camellia flower. arent they suppose to wrap it that way when selling classic flap? the bag is no near perfect, the chain are not wrap, no stuffing inside, no tag, the bag look used and the lambskin feel rough like wax or sand paper. i went to post office right away and return my bag. i called saks customer service to let them know why im returning the bag, guess what they told me? they said my bag was transfer from another store and someone else other than the sa that sold the bag to me pack my package, that is why i receive a damage bag. not even an apology, not like i need one, but i dont think that is how a good customer service should be. everything they told me is all lies. they just want to cover up their mistakes. before i make the purchase i ask nicely for the sa to check over my bag, he told me he got the bag in his hand and it is in perfect condition. he just want to make sale and dont care if customer receive a damage bag. im done with saks, no more shopping there. they ruin my hope for a beautiful chanel bag, im going back to neiman marcus, at least they treat me better and not lying about the condition of the bag before i purchase.

im sorry for the long story.

No worries. Sorry about your bad experience.

I had quite the opposite experience recently with Jonathan from Saks in Georgia. He was great to work with, found my bag that I wanted, personally packed it himself, and it arrived with all the trimmings (tag attached, packed in the box with lots of tissue inside the bag as well as felt between the flap and zipper area, as well as front flap and front of bag, tissue around the bag inside the black magnetic box, chains wrapped very well, etc.). The bag is immaculate with no marks or scratches and is stunning. I think it really varies from one person to another, but I would not hesitate to recommend Jonathan to anyone from my experience. I paid extra to have rush shipping, and it came in 2 days. I am one happy customer.

sad to said but jonathan was the one that sold me my bag:sad:

Thank you so much for recommending Penney.

I just called Hirschleifers in Manhasset, NY. Store is closed for the day. I will try calling tomorrow morning.

Penny is also very nice; I bought a GST from her recently, and all went wonderfully smooth and the bag was brand new. I loved the experience with her! :smile:

I just recently tried locating a pair of earrings via the Chanel 1-800 number (because I cant get out of the house with a 10 week old!) and they asked me to leave a message, which I thought was odd and which they never returned. Ive ordered a leather turnlock bracelet, a pair of booties and a pearl necklace before and never faced the issues that I did now.

I emailed Chanel via there website and got responses to my inventory inquiry. This is what there associate Claire said to me :

As our Corporate Policy has changed, all first time Chanel customers must purchase their desired items at their nearest Boutique. If this is your first purchase with Chanel, Boutiques will be unable to process your phone order, as we are not familiar with your purchase history.

After you have made a purchase in any of our US Boutiques, we will be happy to accept your future orders over the phone

Since you already know the style that you are interested in, please call the Chanel boutiques listed below. A Sales Associate will be happy to assist you with your purchase.

Should you require additional information, please call 800.550.0005 to speak with a Chanel customer service representative. We appreciate your continued interest in Chanel.

Warm Regards,

Claire
Chanel Customer Care

HTH!

I just recently tried locating a pair of earrings via the Chanel 1-800 number (because I cant get out of the house with a 10 week old!) and they asked me to leave a message, which I thought was odd and which they never returned. Ive ordered a leather turnlock bracelet, a pair of booties and a pearl necklace before and never faced the issues that I did now.

I emailed Chanel via there website and got responses to my inventory inquiry. This is what there associate Claire said to me :

As our Corporate Policy has changed, all first time Chanel customers must purchase their desired items at their nearest Boutique. If this is your first purchase with Chanel, Boutiques will be unable to process your phone order, as we are not familiar with your purchase history.

After you have made a purchase in any of our US Boutiques, we will be happy to accept your future orders over the phone

Since you already know the style that you are interested in, please call the Chanel boutiques listed below. A Sales Associate will be happy to assist you with your purchase.

Should you require additional information, please call 800.550.0005 to speak with a Chanel customer service representative. We appreciate your continued interest in Chanel.

Warm Regards,

Claire
Chanel Customer Care

HTH!

Wow. I was told something entirely different from a SA in a boutique that I have laid down not an insignificant sum over the years in shoes, bags, jewelry, clothing, and other accessories. I was told that as of January 1, 2013 that you had to buy direct from the boutique that had what you wanted; I was told, "you have to fly there to get the bag." I was pretty appalled, left, and took my business to Saks.

That letter stuns. I should print it out and go show it to that SA.

In the past I have purchases a couple of bags at my local NM, but I decided I wanted to use the perks of my Nordie card. I called a Nordstrom in Minneapolis to purchase over the phone and they refused, but they did tell me that if I go to my local store and have an associate there order it for me they would fill the order. I did that the SA from the purse dept in my local store was more than glad to help me, although when she was on the phone with them placing the order I could see that she was getting the third degree from them, whether I was there in person and if she had worked with me before. All in all, sorry about the long post, I got my order, it was nicely gift wrapped and perfect.

In the past I have purchases a couple of bags at my local NM, but I decided I wanted to use the perks of my Nordie card. I called a Nordstrom in Minneapolis to purchase over the phone and they refused, but they did tell me that if I go to my local store and have an associate there order it for me they would fill the order. I did that the SA from the purse dept in my local store was more than glad to help me, although when she was on the phone with them placing the order I could see that she was getting the third degree from them, whether I was there in person and if she had worked with me before. All in all, sorry about the long post, I got my order, it was nicely gift wrapped and perfect.

See, the policies seem to be so inconsistent. I helped someone find a bag, and they got a Nordstrom to send it to her in Canada. I went to a Nordstrom that doesn't have Chanel, and they offered to call and ask the closest one that does if they had the bag I was looking for. They did, but told the SA I was dealing with that unless I had bought a bag at the store the bag was at, they couldn't sell it. It just made no sense. There are so many inconsistencies, from Chanel boutiques to department stores. Luckily I found a great SA in Georgia at Saks who helped me out, and Nordstrom AND Chanel lost the sale. I have shopped at both for years, and dropped a fair bit of $$$ at both.

I'm very glad to hear that you received your order, nicely wrapped & perfect; mine was that way, too, from Saks.

yslvchanel said:
Yes! You can even get up to 10 points per dollar purchase during their private holiday event.

I redeemed my triple points day to purchase my M/L. I am getting $300 rewards certificate you also have the choice of 6 month interest free.

tutushopper, it seems that Chanel customer service policies are inconsistent because after that email message, I called the 1800 number again and they helped me out. They really need to be consistent and its annoying that they arent. I mean being consistent is a basic expectation especially from a company that portrays them self as Chanel does.

Also, Ive worked at Nordstroms before (back in the day) and no one can refuse to locate something for you. If that ever happens again, I would tell them thank you for your time can you please connect me to the store manager. Nordstroms takes there customer service very seriously and if you ever encounter attitude just politely complain to the store manager. You will get what you want =)

tutushopper, it seems that Chanel customer service policies are inconsistent because after that email message, I called the 1800 number again and they helped me out. They really need to be consistent and its annoying that they arent. I mean being consistent is a basic expectation especially from a company that portrays them self as Chanel does.

Also, Ive worked at Nordstroms before (back in the day) and no one can refuse to locate something for you. If that ever happens again, I would tell them thank you for your time can you please connect me to the store manager. Nordstroms takes there customer service very seriously and if you ever encounter attitude just politely complain to the store manager. You will get what you want =)

Thank you for your response. I agree consistency really is important, and it's very lacking with Chanel these days.

They did locate the bag at Nordstrom, just wouldn't sell it to me because I'd never bought Chanel at that location (the one they called that had the bag) before. That, to me, was just absurd. I can't shop all over the country, and shouldn't be expected to. The only bright part of the story is that I bought a lovely new Dior bag & wallet (take that, Chanel!) and ended up finding the Chanel classic bag I was going to buy from Nordstrom from Saks. Next time I'm at that Nordstrom, I think I'll have to wear that bag in to show them the commission they lost out on. I will definitely ask to speak to the store manager; I was shopping with DD and she dies of embarrassment if anything happens. :smile: