Phone Order

Apr 29, 2009
I'm trying to get a Chanel 2.55 medium/large flap in black SHW in Caviar leather. Since there is no Chanel boutique in my state, I called stores in California. San Franscisco is the closest one to me.

One SA from South Coast Plaza boutique said no. Can they take a phone order? I need your expertise.

Thank you in advance. :smile:

I heard the same thing from the same boutique; they said they can no longer even send a bag from one Chanel to the other, that you have to, "take a plane to get the bag." (His words) So, not only can you not order on the phone from a Chanel boutique, you can't get them to transfer one in, either. I have made many purchases at this boutique, so it seems to be the way it is since the 1st of the year. You will have much better luck with department stores (Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Bergdorf Goodman, Nordstrom, etc.) although I had one Nordstrom store tell me that unless you had bought a Chanel bag before from the store that had the bag, they wouldn't sell it to you, but I think that was just a clueless sales associate.

I'm trying to get a Chanel 2.55 medium/large flap in black SHW in Caviar leather. Since there is no Chanel boutique in my state, I called stores in California. San Franscisco is the closest one to me.

One SA from South Coast Plaza boutique said no. Can they take a phone order? I need your expertise.

Thank you in advance. :smile:

Last year, it was that if you were in their system, they would ship it to you, but only if you bought from there boutique before:/.. Idk this year though:sad:.. Hope you find your bag soon!

I know Chanel Boutiques will only place phone order IF YOU ARE ALREADY in their system. For Nordies, I heard from my SA that they can no longer sell Classic over the phone. You need to buy it IN PERSON. =)

I know Chanel Boutiques will only place phone order IF YOU ARE ALREADY in their system. For Nordies, I heard from my SA that they can no longer sell Classic over the phone. You need to buy it IN PERSON. =)

I am in the system at the local boutique, and they said their new policy from January 1st is you have to be at the boutique that has the bag; no over the phone sales. I am also in the system of other Chanel boutiques as well.

Last year, it was that if you were in their system, they would ship it to you, but only if you bought from there boutique before:/.. Idk this year though:sad:.. Hope you find your bag soon!

I really appreciate everyone's quick responses. Yes, I hope to find my bag soon. It sounds like I will need to contact department stores in California and I can save on taxes. ;)

Actually if you call/go to any Saks, they look nation wide for bags.

My SA in Indianapolis actually found me my chanel that I specifically wanted, and they shipped it from New Orleans. So you should have better luck there :biggrin:

My SA in Indianapolis actually found me my chanel that I specifically wanted, and they shipped it from New Orleans. So you should have better luck there :biggrin:

+1 Saks is really great about calling around; that's a reason I suggested a department store over the boutique. Many Neiman Marcus stores will also call around; look in the "find a good SA" thread for names. :smile:

+1 Saks is really great about calling around; that's a reason I suggested a department store over the boutique. Many Neiman Marcus stores will also call around; look in the "find a good SA" thread for names. :smile:

I looked for names in Recommended Sales Associate thread. Thank you for the tips about Saks and will be looking for a recommended SA at Saks in San Francisco.

I looked for names in Recommended Sales Associate thread. Thank you for the tips about Saks and will be looking for a recommended SA at Saks in San Francisco.

Best of luck in your search; if you need any SA names, please PM me and i will give you a few. :smile:

Oh, and California has use tax, so not sure if you would be charged tax or not. You might actually do better finding one in another state; do ask the SA about that if the bag you find is in Calif.

Very true, and a good SA will also do a phone order from Saks, or by email. My red M/L 13C came from Saks in Georgia. :smile:

I called two Saks stores on the west coast and have no luck so far. Robin from Beverly Hills didn't even bother to call other stores for me.

Last edited:
Best of luck in your search; if you need any SA names, please PM me and i will give you a few. :smile:

Oh, and California has use tax, so not sure if you would be charged tax or not. You might actually do better finding one in another state; do ask the SA about that if the bag you find is in Calif.

Thank you for your suggestion. Maybe I will get one from NYC or something. I didn't have any luck at Saks San Francisco and Beverly Hills.