Phone call from FP store.

iNeedCoffee

Coachaholic
O.G.
Jul 26, 2012
An SA called me a little while ago to let me know about about the new creative director ( Stu, right?) and that there will be an "entirely new floor set" rolling out in exactly two weeks. She really, really emphasized that to me...:roflmfao: "Two weeks FROM TODAY." I just didn't have the heart to tell her that the new line doesn't really appeal to me, other than the Carlyle.

I've shopped at the FP store exactly twice in the last two years. It strikes me as odd that the very, very occasional shopper ( me ) would get a phone call. If they're calling ME...the ship must be sinking..quickly...lol. :shrugs:

Any other infrequent customers get phone calls?

I received a phone call and an email. In the past year I have bought around 15 bags and about the same for accessories. I would say that is a decent amount for a coach shopper. However, about 90% of those have come from Macy's, Bloomingdales, FOS, etc. So to me I would say my call and email from FP is a bit desperate on their part. They never contact me for other floor sets or the semi annual sale.

I have not gotten a call because Coach does not have my phone number (by design :cool:) But I have gotten like 10 emails in the last couple of days asking me if I want to "be in the know" and be put back on their email list. I find this ironic since they are EMAILING me to ask me if I want to be on their email list lol. :P

It certainly smacks of desperation. This new fall line is not premier, is not worth the money they are charging for it, and is not worth the hype in my opinion.

Weird how this thread suddenly turned into "deletes going to the outlet," hmmmmm...

But anyway, I didn't get a call nor did I get the offer for a free wallet.

No phone call for me either, or ever from Coach, it's ok, my last 3 Coach purchases were from Bloomingdales online and 2 from ebay. Coach clearly doesn't want my business.

I was able to stop in FP recently and got a hard sell from the manager. She took mg name and would call me... right!

More business for the ebay sellers at a discount!

After i found out about Factory outlet i wont pay full price ever again .
I have to add, once I hit the factory and found out about FP stores and got myself an attentive SA, I never went back to factory. I guess this calls for a "different strokes for different folks". I truly hope if Coach says no deletes at factory then it will stick by that. It isn't a practice that kills loyalty, it's a lack of trust and honesty.

I have only a tad of anecdotal evidence here to share...Same store sales figures are in the tank. Few SAs have approached even the 50% target of their annual sales goals....and 66% of the calendar year is just about done. I think they are trying every strategic marketing strategy they can at this juncture.

I have decided to just buy one bag this fall. Even the soft Borough in my avatar, I love it, but feels too heavy with my stuff in it so I have not purchased it.
Yes I love the pebbled leather on the grommet bag for sure but like you, I feel it is almost too heavy with my things in it. I went with the Purple Crosby because I like the design style and the tan with gold hardware soft borough which I absolutely love. I don't put that many things that need securing into it so that the two zippered side pockets are plenty, making easy access for other things. Love the bag in all ways! Now looking at a different look and considering SV's Small Pebbled Dakotah Flap Crossbody simply because I'd like to own one of his and this bag is fabulous in all ways.