Phoebe--opinions, please

grm67

Jan 8, 2010
I picked up both the Chestnut and Midnight Oak Small Phoebes during Macy's last sale.

Would you keep both?
If not, which would you return?

Thanks for the opinions; I love them both.

I love brown bags...my favorite color! I currently don't have any two bags in the same style though. If I had to choose between the two I would definitely pick chestnut. LOVE the chestnut color!

But if you really love both - keep them. Boy...does this help at all? ;)

If you can - I would keep them both - the shades are different enough. And that Macy's price can't be beat! I love Phoebe - it's such a great everyday style! Sounds like you love her too!

I would probably only keep one; I was in the market to buy a Chestnut Phoebe, then saw the Orange Spice and fell in love, but since none of the local stores had it right away and I was set on buying one that weekend, I just went with the Chestnut.

Between the two, I'd keep the Chestnut. Owner's bias aside, it's the perfect shade of brown for a hobo style bag IMO, between the 3 browns/semi-browns available in Phoebe currently (midnight oak, orange spice, chestnut).

hmm..i have the midnight oak and the orange spice...i love rich fall colors. while i love the midnight oak, if i had the chestnut, too...i'd probably keep the chestnut! but both are gorgeous. very tough decision!

If you truly have a need for two brown bags, I'd keep both. I'm like that with black bags. I have 5 or so, but I love black and use them all, so it works for me. If you can only see yourself needing one, I'd probably do what Scooch said...return one of the brown Phoebes for a different color.

Chestnut. Her lining is a warm red satin. Makes me smile evertime. For me it came down to the color of the lining. Even though midnight oak was rich in color the dark lining kinda made me steer to chestnut with the contrast lining.

I'd probably keep the midnight oak, only because Coach makes many options in medium brown- cognac, whiskey, saddle, chestnut, etc., but their dark browns are not as common. However, chestnut is a more versatile color for multi-season. So it depends on how often you want to wear it.

Of the two browns, I prefer the Midnight Oak - the leather in that color is delish. But what I'm waiting for is a brown Phoebe with silver hardware!