Philosophy Vit C booster powder flaking{?}

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Anyone else have this issue?
I've tried using a different moisturizer to mix it with and I've also tried using less powder. . . I still flake :sad:
Any advice?

justkell

peace & love
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
Long Island
I've used it before Swanky. Just one small scoop and I mixed it with I think a philosophy moisturizer from the On A Clear Day acne line. Never had any problems with it. I have normal skin, not too oily, and not dry.

Sep 12, 2006
Chicago
Hey Swanky, I use this with my Hope in a Jar moisturizer and no flaking here either. I use about half a scoop to mix in with the moisturizer

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
hmmm, wonder what the deal is?
Mine totally gums up or kind of flakes off later :-s
I've adjusted how much I use and which moisturizer - nothing changes.

justkell

peace & love
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
Long Island
^^^ Maybe you got a bad bottle Swanky? I remember when I first started using it I would use just a tiny bit and slowly I built up to eventually using a full scoop.

Swanky, when you put it on, do you blend it into your moisturizer first or do you just put a scoop in your moisturizer and then apply?? Because I would mix it with my moisturizer until it blended in so there was no powder left, just the moisturizer and then I would apply.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
The 1st couple of times I used a full scoop. I put it in my palm and then completely mix my moisturizer with it and then apply it. I rub it around my palm until I can't see it anymore.
Now I'm using half a scoop.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Bunny, my skin isn't flaking, it's the product. If I touch it too soon after it gums and balls up a little. I can get over that by waiting a bit to let it sink it.

MM83

Mar 14, 2009
Swanky- While I haven't used the C Booster, I clearly haven't had this problem, but I can offer some advice.

The first Philosophy product I used was The Present, after 7 months it started separating and leaving a white residue on my face. So I emailed Philosophy and they told me to mail it back to them (I couldn't return to Sephora, as it was a gift), so they could analyze it and determine if it was a bad batch. So, I mailed it back, and they mailed me a new one with a very gracious apology note. Ever since then, I've been hooked on Philosophy. The replacement worked far better than the original and I had no issues with it.

I'd shoot them an email and explain your problem.