Philosophy Q- Why are our bags so imp to us???

efleon

LVoe
O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
As I ponder yet another candidate for my growing LV collection (and I adore them all and rotate all the time), I am wondering why having a fabulous bag is so important to me (and obviously all of you also). My DH has no clue and merely puts up with me, considering it a mild eccentricity on my part. I know I could never leave the house without an LV of some sort with me so maybe it is a security thing. But then again, if that were the case, then one should suffice and it doesnt. Any thoughts??????

IMO Its the way it makes you feel inside. I can go to the grocery store in sweats ( never do) and if I have a great LV I still feel good inside. But I can be all dressed up, and if I use a schulbby bag, I feel incomplete, underdressed and classless. Go figure. I love my bags, they rank right up there with DH, kids and cleaning guy.

I think it has a lot to do with collecting and wanting to value what you have. Essentially i think people with lots of LV, or peoplen with one they saved really hard for, can both adore their bags equally.

However, I don't think it's in the same way.

I think TPF has a lot to do with it too, i think being part of a community where you chat about bags will obviously make you think about bags more.

Most importantly, they are pretty.:love:

"addictions"
"obsessions"
and both of these are not very good!

i dont think my bags are "important", i just like them alot.
i think they are pretty and they really make me smile/feel happy. yes, completely materialistic! i know i have way too many- and i never use them all----i have started giving a couple to my daighter. sometimes i feel bad for getting another one- but in the end i havent quit yet. it use to be just LV-now its transferred to other brands as well.

i also rationale it out to everyone having one sort of habit or another. could be worse. coke- meth- alcohol--- (i know- this sounds desperate!) but- i have a few habits.... and bags one of them. black sweaters is another, and shoes and black boots too, and oh jewellery! bracelets! and necklaces.... ok- i have a shopping problem-- er- i mean - habit. ;)

but- i'm ok and if it doesnt harm your family and loved ones (financially and psychologically)- then it ok.

and as i type this- i am lusting for another bag.... or wallet.... or boots or shoes....

Last edited:
For me I know I worked hard for them, I remember going into my local LV store years ago and lusting over the papillion, but couldn't afford it I said to myself "one day i'll afford it"... well I never bought that bag as I don't like the style now, but I got a few others, so for me there important to me as they symbolize how far i've struggled to come to a point of financial comfort to enjoy money rather than to scrimp and save it!

I think for me its a reflection of where I am in my life. I can afford bags now whereas I couldn't before. I feel great when I carry them knowing I am comfortable enough financially to be able to buy them.

I love how they look. They are classic and beautiful.

Am I obsessed?.. maybe... does this bother me? Nah!!

Its so much fun and I really enjoy them mainly!

Unlike alot of the other items I use daily, the bag is an essential that gives me the pulled together feel and look without much hassle or fit issues. I like that I carry a stylish bag that is durable with a long history of craftmanship to boot.

Its an all round great item for what I need and am looking for.

because, its a way to express our selves.

our style,
our way of living,
being rich,
being of low income and saving up for one,
the fact that the vachette makes every single piece unique.
although to some its a "thing"
to others is art.
because people think its OUTRAGEOUS to pay $1,000 + for a bag
.. well because its worth it

I think for me its a reflection of where I am in my life. I can afford bags now whereas I couldn't before. I feel great when I carry them knowing I am comfortable enough financially to be able to buy them.

I love how they look. They are classic and beautiful.

Am I obsessed?.. maybe... does this bother me? Nah!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!:tup:

They make me feel good because I have treated myself well, I'm used to putting others first but my LV's remind me I need to be good to me. Oh...and I agree with the other post....It always fits, even on fat days!

I was trying to explain this to a friend yesterday actually. He couldn't wrap his mind around why someone would pay so much for a bag/purse. He buys a TV for a few thousand and I told him that I can't understand spending that much on a TV, so we agreed to call it even with our spending habits :smile: