Philosophy Purity Cleanser?

tawnycat

♥Loving all my bags♥
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
I have heard so many good things about this cleanser. I am wondering if anyone has tried it? I bought a small size today at Macys to give it a try. I have acne prone skin and am worried about all the oils in the ingredients. I need a good facial wash though and this is supposed to be gentle.

this is my HG cleanser! :smile: i actually started out with this product in the sample 2oz bottles.. then i bought the 8 oz... then i bought the 16 oz... and just yesterday i repurchased a 24 oz. LOL

i have combination skin and i really like this cleanser because it doesn't leave any weird reside after i rinse it off and i feel squeaky clean (and it doesn't dry out my skin either) :smile: it also has a very pleasant and mild scent to it. i don't think you will have to worry about anything!

Another person that loves it! No more make-up remover, then cleaner....now its all done in one swoop.

I have a clarisonic waiting for me under the tree :graucho: so I can't wait to use it with Purity!

^ i was just about to mention the clarisonic:P i use the purity every night with the clarisonic and it works great. i have combo skin- dry and flaky+ oily+ mild breakouts and this has helped a lot.

this is my HG cleanser! :smile: i actually started out with this product in the sample 2oz bottles.. then i bought the 8 oz... then i bought the 16 oz... and just yesterday i repurchased a 24 oz. LOL

haha i did the same thing!! i just purchased the largest one that came with the bottle pump.

i love this cleanser, i was really iffy about it at first too because i'm acne/oily. i started out with their cleansers for acne prone skin but it was ultimately recommended that i use this - so i tried it and i've never gone back!

i didn't even have the period at the beginning when new cleansers usually make you break out while your skin is adjusting to it.

I find it drying which is surprising because my skin borders on oily. Also, I think the cleanser gets weird halfway through the bottle and I don't think the batches are consistent. Since it is a creamy cleanser, I get really freaked out when it is clumpy.

I also have acne prone skin and one of the best things I've used is Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. It's a castille soap (made with vegetable oil only, no animal products) and comes in several scents. The peppermint is wonderful in the summer, in the colder months I like lavender or almond.

I love love this cleanser, my HG cleanser for sure. My face feels really clean after but not stripped of moisture. I have extremely acne prone skin and this does NOT make me break out at all! I find that if I use a different brand exfoliator after using my philosophy cleanser I tend to break out right away.

Definitely try it out for a week or maybe even a month before you get a big supply.

I am very oily/acne prone. I went to Sephora and they made me up a sample. I instantly LOVED it, my skin felt so great. I ordered a bigger bottle. Before it arrived I broke out all over my chin/neck, worse than I ever have since I was a teenager. It was pretty under control before I tried Purity, I just needed something new as what I was using became discontinued/hard to find.

I mean, it was so bad I didn't even want to leave the house. I really wanted to love this, and I did for a very short time. It just goes to show that everyone is different! I actually wound up clearing it up with Neutrogena's acne line, but it took months to go away. I hope you have good luck with it!

Definitely try it out for a week or maybe even a month before you get a big supply.

I am very oily/acne prone. I went to Sephora and they made me up a sample. I instantly LOVED it, my skin felt so great. I ordered a bigger bottle. Before it arrived I broke out all over my chin/neck, worse than I ever have since I was a teenager. It was pretty under control before I tried Purity, I just needed something new as what I was using became discontinued/hard to find.

I mean, it was so bad I didn't even want to leave the house. I really wanted to love this, and I did for a very short time. It just goes to show that everyone is different! I actually wound up clearing it up with Neutrogena's acne line, but it took months to go away. I hope you have good luck with it!

Same here. I loved it for about 8 months and then I got sick of the breakouts. I had to switch to a oil-free acne cleanser to clear up the Purity mess. It always makes my chin and jawline breakout. I tried to use it again just recently and loved it for a few days...until I broke out again.