Philosophy Purity Cleanser?

tawnycat

♥Loving all my bags♥
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
California
I have heard so many good things about this cleanser. I am wondering if anyone has tried it? I bought a small size today at Macys to give it a try. I have acne prone skin and am worried about all the oils in the ingredients. I need a good facial wash though and this is supposed to be gentle.

regretless

O.G.
Jul 19, 2008
California
this is my HG cleanser! :smile: i actually started out with this product in the sample 2oz bottles.. then i bought the 8 oz... then i bought the 16 oz... and just yesterday i repurchased a 24 oz. LOL

i have combination skin and i really like this cleanser because it doesn't leave any weird reside after i rinse it off and i feel squeaky clean (and it doesn't dry out my skin either) :smile: it also has a very pleasant and mild scent to it. i don't think you will have to worry about anything!

NoSnowHere

So Banned!
Feb 11, 2007
USA
I love this so much I bought the 48oz! It's gentle on my dry skin and melts away all my makeup. I can't rec this enough!

Kansashalo

D
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
In the south
Another person that loves it! No more make-up remover, then cleaner....now its all done in one swoop.

I have a clarisonic waiting for me under the tree :graucho: so I can't wait to use it with Purity!

agalarowicz

Nov 11, 2010
in the cold
^ i was just about to mention the clarisonic:P i use the purity every night with the clarisonic and it works great. i have combo skin- dry and flaky+ oily+ mild breakouts and this has helped a lot.

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
this is my HG cleanser! :smile: i actually started out with this product in the sample 2oz bottles.. then i bought the 8 oz... then i bought the 16 oz... and just yesterday i repurchased a 24 oz. LOL
haha i did the same thing!! i just purchased the largest one that came with the bottle pump.

i love this cleanser, i was really iffy about it at first too because i'm acne/oily. i started out with their cleansers for acne prone skin but it was ultimately recommended that i use this - so i tried it and i've never gone back!

i didn't even have the period at the beginning when new cleansers usually make you break out while your skin is adjusting to it.

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
I find it drying which is surprising because my skin borders on oily. Also, I think the cleanser gets weird halfway through the bottle and I don't think the batches are consistent. Since it is a creamy cleanser, I get really freaked out when it is clumpy.

I also have acne prone skin and one of the best things I've used is Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. It's a castille soap (made with vegetable oil only, no animal products) and comes in several scents. The peppermint is wonderful in the summer, in the colder months I like lavender or almond.

Pinkalicious

working it
O.G.
Jul 26, 2010
San Diego, CA
I love love this cleanser, my HG cleanser for sure. My face feels really clean after but not stripped of moisture. I have extremely acne prone skin and this does NOT make me break out at all! I find that if I use a different brand exfoliator after using my philosophy cleanser I tend to break out right away.

Apr 20, 2010
New Jersey
Definitely try it out for a week or maybe even a month before you get a big supply.

I am very oily/acne prone. I went to Sephora and they made me up a sample. I instantly LOVED it, my skin felt so great. I ordered a bigger bottle. Before it arrived I broke out all over my chin/neck, worse than I ever have since I was a teenager. It was pretty under control before I tried Purity, I just needed something new as what I was using became discontinued/hard to find.

I mean, it was so bad I didn't even want to leave the house. I really wanted to love this, and I did for a very short time. It just goes to show that everyone is different! I actually wound up clearing it up with Neutrogena's acne line, but it took months to go away. I hope you have good luck with it!

MM83

Mar 14, 2009
Definitely try it out for a week or maybe even a month before you get a big supply.

I am very oily/acne prone. I went to Sephora and they made me up a sample. I instantly LOVED it, my skin felt so great. I ordered a bigger bottle. Before it arrived I broke out all over my chin/neck, worse than I ever have since I was a teenager. It was pretty under control before I tried Purity, I just needed something new as what I was using became discontinued/hard to find.

I mean, it was so bad I didn't even want to leave the house. I really wanted to love this, and I did for a very short time. It just goes to show that everyone is different! I actually wound up clearing it up with Neutrogena's acne line, but it took months to go away. I hope you have good luck with it!

Same here. I loved it for about 8 months and then I got sick of the breakouts. I had to switch to a oil-free acne cleanser to clear up the Purity mess. It always makes my chin and jawline breakout. I tried to use it again just recently and loved it for a few days...until I broke out again.

MBart

Happy Hour Darling
Dec 21, 2006
NYC
I love Purity but it's a bit expen$ive. Cetaphil is a great swap for it and a better price.