Philosophy 3 in 1 Bath and Shower gels?

merika

Wol
O.G.
Nov 1, 2006
I've been using LUSH shower gels on my hair and they work fine. My hair is quite thick and gets greasy. I don't even use conditioner most of the time because my hair gets really weighed down.

I've smelled philosophy stuff in the stores and I think some of them smell great! I do prefer using the same kind of scent all over for both body and hair, so I wondered if their stuff was good as a shampoo?

I would appreciate reviews!! :heart:

Yes, they do work as shampoos. I've used amazing grace as a shampoo and shower gel and it worked fine. I have dry hair, so I always have to use a conditioner anyway.

i wouldnt trust any philosophy 3 in 1 stuff on my hair. did it once and totally regret it as my hair didn't feel clean or soft afterwards. they are only good for shower gel.

I want to buy those 3-1's for stocking stuffers, since the gifts are for couples and then both guy and gal can use it.

Does anyone know if you can buy them at a discount anywhere? Just curious:blush:

well, if lush shower gels are working for your hair I would think that philosophy would too!! I have used both and they have the same effect on my hair, they were just too drying for me. but the results were similar.

I used the Amazing Grace 3 in 1 in my hair and had no problems with it. I ended up needing more conditioner, but if your hair is greasy, you'll be fine. I actually love the Lush Big shampoo. When my hair gets greasy there's nothing like it!

Also none of the Philosophy scents last that long, I was layering my scent using the 3 in 1 with the body lotion and perfume, but the scent still didn't last long - maybe a couple hours.

Does anyone know if you can buy them at a discount anywhere? Just curious:blush:

^ QVC just had a really good deal on them. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I remember thinking "WOW that's a really good deal!" Check qvc.com, they might still have it!

I like 3-in-1's. I had the layer cake one and it smelled sooooo good. I did find that I needed a separate conditioner, but that didn't bother me. The vanilla cake scent worked really well with Tutti Dolce products from BBW...

I like using them as a shampoo, but it's not the best thing I've ever had in my hair. I think it depends on the person and their hair type. A friend of mine told me about the 3 in 1 and how she loves it, and so I tried it. I do find you need a separate conditioner, as the 3 in 1 seems to dry your hair out. But I do use it. My favorite scents are raspberry sorbet and melon daiquiri. I say it's worth a try and see how it works with your hair!