Philadelphia

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I'm not quite sure which forum I should ask this question in. Mods, please do move my thread if this should be in a different sub-forum.

My brother will be moving to Philadelphia as he is starting a new job at University of Pennsylvania. I am not familiar with Philadelphia at all and am hoping that some of my tpf sisters&brothers can give me some advise.

We are hoping to purchase a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in a safe area but still close to UPenn. Any suggestions/info on areas, price guide, which developer/estate agent/website to use will be very welcomed.

Thanks in advance :smile:

2. I used to live in Philly. The Art museum area is nice, safe, & not too far from University City where Penn is. You can find 1-2 bdrm apartments in that area.

If you want to be right in the heart of Center City (downtown Philly), depending on your price range, you can find reasonably priced studios or 1 bedroom apartments.

Good luck with your search. Philly's a great city!

3. #3 Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    My husband is a real estate appraiser specializing in Philadelphia. What type of price range are you looking for? I will ask him for the best buildings in that area.

He gave me this general information:

The U of P neighborhood is called University City and is mostly rentals used by the students there. There are row homes you can buy but he said he would not recommend it. Graduate Hospital and Rittenhouse Square are both within walking distance of U of P. Both are safe neighborhoods and you can find reasonably priced homes there. Do NOT move to Point Breeze. He said he can give you specific buildings to look at depending on home much you want to spend.

Hope this help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice