Phil Spector - hung?

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-09-18-phil-spector_N.htm

Jurors in Spector trial say they're deadlockedUpdated 2h 56m ago | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |
clear.gif
EnlargeBy Nick Ut, AP
clear.gif
Phil Spector is facing second-degree murder charges. The jury has reached its seventh day of deliberations.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The foreman of the jury in Phil Spector's murder trial said Tuesday that the panel is at an impasse, and the judge told lawyers he was considering allowing the panel to consider a lesser charge.
The juror told Superior Court Judge Larry Paul Fidler the jury was split 7 to 5, but he did not indicate which way it was leaning.
The judge asked if there was any way he could help, including re-reading specific instructions or clarifying instructions, or even having attorneys re-argue part or all of the case.
"At this time I don't believe that anything else will change the positions of the jurors," the foreman responded.
Polled individually, some jurors agreed with the foreman and others disagreed. One suggested further instruction about reasonable doubt.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: Clarkson | Phil Spector
The record producer is charged with second-degree murder, and the judge previously ruled that the panel would decide only that charge and not consider lesser charges such as manslaughter.
The judge, however, told the attorneys that he was reconsidering and believed he might have cause to instruct the jury to consider involuntary manslaughter.
The judge, amid discussions with lawyers, told the jury he wanted them to take a break and sent them home with instructions to return Wednesday, possibly for more instructions or to have the lawyers reargue part of the case.
"Just set the case aside for the rest of the day," the judge told them.
The defense immediately asked for a mistrial, but the judge denied it on grounds that three jurors indicated further instructions may help.
Spector, 67, is charged in the Feb. 3, 2003, shooting of actress Lana Clarkson, 40. The case went to the jury Sept. 10.
Clarkson was killed by a bullet fired from a gun inside her mouth. The defense contended in the lengthy trial that she had many personal problems and killed herself either by accident or suicide.
Spector was a producer of hit rock music records decades ago, creating what became known as the "Wall of Sound" recording technique.
Clarkson had modest success as the star of Roger Corman's 1985 cult film Barbarian Queen. She was working as a hostess at the House of Blues when she met Spector and went home with him after work, just hours before she died.
Spector and his lawyers all looked grim as they left court. Clarkson's family members appeared sad as they left.

Robert Blake killed or had his wife killed, got off.
This guy killed Lana, will possibly get off.
I won't even talk about OJ.
If you are a celeb in Calif, you can get away with murder, literally.

Robert Blake killed or had his wife killed, got off.
This guy killed Lana, will possibly get off.
I won't even talk about OJ.
If you are a celeb in Calif, you can get away with murder, literally.

seriously. I say we write a novel about someone who wants to commit murder and decides to become famous first. okay, maybe someone else can write it. but I get a percentage of the profits. I'll have my people call your people.

Okay, maybe he wasn't THAT famous.

He was the founding member of the Club Kids.

The Club Kids were a group of young clubgoers led by Michael Alig and James St. James in the late 1980s and early 1990s. James St. James is the author of Disco Bloodbath, which is his depiction of the events surrounding the Club Kids and Michael Alig's murder of Angel Melendez. This group was famous for their outrageous costumes and extensive drug use -- in particular, ecstasy, ketamine, and heroin, although preferences ranged. Many of them were assigned names and personas by Alig himself.

Michael Alig's fame and influence quickly grew. At one point, he was on the payroll of several clubs owned by Peter Gatien for doing nothing but showing up with his entourage of Club Kids in order to draw more customers to the clubs. When they wanted to add a little variety to their night-life, Michael and the club kids began holding illegal parties in various public places including a donut shop and the New York subway.
At the height of their fame, the Club Kids toured the United States, appearing on several talk shows, such as Geraldo. The famous female impersonator RuPaul was discovered on one of these "Club Kids" episodes.

In a drug haze, Alig and his friend Robert "Freeze" Riggs murdered Angel Melendez, a drug dealer, over a long-standing drug debt.

(from wikipedia)

Richie Rich, of Heatherette fame, was a Club Kid. So was Amanda Lepore.

Read Party Monster by James St. James. Excellent book.

From what I've heard, there is one juror in particular who is causing problems with the verdict. This same juror wrote on her jury questionnaire that she thought "justice was served" in the OJ Simpson trial. That should tell you everything you need to know. :rolleyes: