PhD graduation coming up, and I'm still a tomboy! Help w/dresses?

Honestly -- if you want to wear pants, wear pants. I understand your want to do something different, but remember that its your day and you want to feel comfortable and good about yourself.

Don't feel forced to wear a dress -- I personally love it when I see a woman rocking a pair of men's cut trousers, a fiesty/dressy tank top and a pair of killer heels -- to me that screams fun/hot/flirty/etc.

But that is my 2 cents....

Try a dress, A comfy jersey wrap dress would be a good way to start!
cu.jpg

This is Vivienne Westwood

Thank you all so much for your tips and pictures! :love: Quirky isn't really my thing (black trouser suits or jeans & hot tee is my thing). I have tentatively chosen two outfits...

- one is a sleeveless, boat-neck black heavy cotton dress, fits narrowly on top and has a sixties-kind of skirt on the bottom (a wide A-line skirt with few pleats to make it swingier), and a red belt, very Audrey Hepburn, with my LV cerises mules,

- or white trousers and white blazer worn with a flowy empire waist top in a colorful graphic psychedelic print (white, green, purple, etc.) and almost flat gold strappy sandals, similar to something Samantha from Sex and the City would wear, but a little less out there.

I will post pics in the morning, then you can tell me if I'm on to something! :smile:

Honestly -- if you want to wear pants, wear pants. I understand your want to do something different, but remember that its your day and you want to feel comfortable and good about yourself.

Don't feel forced to wear a dress -- I personally love it when I see a woman rocking a pair of men's cut trousers, a fiesty/dressy tank top and a pair of killer heels -- to me that screams fun/hot/flirty/etc.

But that is my 2 cents....

I totally agree! Sometimes I want to try something new though (so not to get stuck in a rut for years) and graduation seemed to be a good occasion. But I still don't know whether I will actually wear a dress :smile:

Here are the two ideas, honest opinions please:

1) either with Balenciaga turq 05 First or vert gazon giant hobo
2) either with cerises bucket or cerises speedy, or is it too much cerises, then I could wear an other bag :smile:

Or something else entirely? Thanks guys! :tup:

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 218
  • fullfront.jpg