Phasing out the Nightingale

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
I was talking to a lovely SA at the Givenchy outlet in Woodbury, and she informed me that Givenchy is phasing this style out. I'm a bit sad, b/c that's the reason I first joined TPF. I guess with CWK as the new director, she wants to branch out, which is great for the brand, but I'll always love my many many gales. They've lasted me over 10 years and will last many more.

I don't know the timeline for this, but if you are always postponing owning one, either get one pre-loved, or start saving $ for the next sale.

24.jpg
nicolerichie.jpg

I heard that too - was in Singapore a few weeks ago and none of the Givenchy stores had any Gales, the sales associates confirmed to me that they were phasing out and only department stores/farfetch stock is now available, none in the standalone stores

Omg maybe that’s the reason why I could get a steep discount on my nightingale on Reebonz! I do actually prefer the old nightingale version with the logos embossed on the straps instead of the newer versions

It was rare to see a nightingale on the shelves of any stores here in NYC for the last few seasons (even when Tisci was still around), so I wasn't all that surprised when my Givenchy SA at Saks NYC mentioned this to me in January as I began perusing the GV3 pics (something along the lines of the new designer wanting to put her mark on things).

Hopefully, they'll be more exciting things to come cuz I hardly bought any G bags this season.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
oh no really!! I literally am shopping for a new one. I have been using them forever as my work bags and was hoping I could get a camel one to add to the mix. Did you see any in that color there?
I love using mine for work as well, and I always bring it for travel, alternating with a panda if more active than relaxed trip. I can totally flatten my old gale in suitcase too.