Phases of Ovulation cycle...

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone :smile:

I was wondering which parts of the ovulation cycle are a fixed amount of days and which are dependant on your body.

I had 45 days between AFs and am trying to figure out when ovulation actually occurred.

Would it have been two weeks before AF? Because my FM said I was having a high nearly a month before AF.

I'm new to this, can you tell?

Thanks for any info :flowers:

2. There are no fixed times, everyone is different!! I've never used a FM but maybe someone else will have insight for you. I used temping and fertility friend plus opks, it was easy and cheap and worked for us.

Baby dust to you :smile:

3. The data out there suggests you ovulate 14 days before AF starts. I don't know if that's absolutely true or if that's just what happens in most people. I haven't done a lot of research on it, but mostly going by what I've read here and in books I got.

I would say 45 day cycles are quite long, and that would be where I would more concerned, because it seems like it wuld be harder to predict when to get pregnant.

4. Iirc the time between ovulation and AF is called the luteal phase and if its longer than 14 days (it varies but the norm is 12-14days) you can have trouble getting pg. But not always.

All these phases vary greatly between women. If you're tracking your phases and seem unable to discern what's happening when, and you've been trying for a year (or six months if you're over 35) maybe see if you can get in to talk to a reproductive endocrinologist.

5. The menstrual cycle is divided into two phases:

The first phase is also known as the "Follicular Phase" and it starts on the first day of your menstrual period, the day your bleeding or period begins, called cycle day one or CD1, and lasts until ovulation.
    The second phase is known as the "Luteal Phase" and begins on the day after ovulation occurs and continues until the day before your next menstrual bleeding, indicating the start of your next period.
    The length of the follicular phase can normally last between 7 and 21 days, but the luteal phase needs to last a minimum of 12 days to ensure that the fertilized egg has enough time for implantation. Having a normal luteal phase is essential for your fertility. For most women the LP is 12-16 days. If your LP is shorter than 12 days then your uterus does not have enough time to build up enough lining to sustain a pregnancy. If your LP Is longer than than 16 days there is not really that much of a concern. It is more of a hassle than anything because you are constantly going to wonder if you are pregnant and use a lot of tests. A long LP is not linked to infertility or miscarriage.

The LP should be pretty much fixed from one cycle to the next, with only a day or so variation. The FP can vary greatly though for many women that too is pretty much the same most of the time

6. I'm not sure. I just bought 10 cheap ovulation test from the doc and used them mid cycle. lol they were actualy really accurate and worked the first cycle we used them. I conceived my son :smile: Good luck my dear :smile:

7. Every one ovulates at different times, some earlier than others. The idea that everyone ovulates at day 14 is incorrect. In fact, this is why you have many babies born either days before or after their due date. (All depends on your O date!!) If you want to learn more about your fertility, I highly suggest temping and picking up the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"

8. Another vote for "taking charge of your fertility" book! I was under the impression that a LP of 12 to 14 days is normal, but for shorter LPs, anything under 10 days is an issue....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice