PF SO #2 Stretch Knot - Massive Update, post #150

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Breaking news, we have word from BV. I was told that T. Maier gave this personal consideration. This is the bag they would like to make for us, so we have a decision to make:

Style: Stretch Knot has been approved
Material: Karung Luster
Design: Full Intreciatto (holy cow! :nuts:)
Color: Nero
Hardware: Dark Brunito (gunmetal)
Lining color: Not completely decided, but black suede or ash suede
Plaque: Made from Silver
Plaque information: Uniform, no individual names, however we decide what it says
Price: $2200 USD

More information in my the next post...

Last edited:
The decision is this...

Are you going to participate?

If the answer is yes, you must PM me your information, including name, address, phone, and email.

There are two deadlines, you remember how fast this goes:

1. I must have your information by this Friday, November 27th, 2009, by Noon pacific time. I will immediately forward that to the BV coordinator.

2. The deadline for payment of the first 1/2, or $1100.00 US is Friday, December 4th, 2009, by Noon pacific time. After this, the opportunity will be closed.

More in my next post...

Before we discuss the bag and plaque, I want to go over the time line and some other matters.

1. This is open world wide.

2. Whoever wants to participate can get ONE Stretch Knot.

3. Once deposits are collected, BV production will be informed of the quantity on December 4th, 2009.

4. Production will take approximately 20 weeks. This means you will complete the second half of payment in March/April. Delivery will follow.

5. Deposits are non-refundable, so consider this before you commit.

6. You will be charged local sales tax if there is a BV in your US state.

7. Unlike the last time, bags will come directly to you from BV, instead of from me.

8. Everyone will be charged shipping. Customs/duties will be your responsibility if this is international. Last time some participants had their item shipped to family in the US, this is fine.

more in my next post...

Last edited:
The downside...

Not everyone will see this thread and some will want to participate, but will miss the deadline.

Some will simply not be able to afford this right now.

I apologize in advance if this does not work out for you. Group special orders get acted on crazy-fast, and once BV gives the quote, it is only valid for so long.

---

Personally, I believe this is a great opportunity to own a special stretch Knot. I am frankly surprised the price is this low for karung that is both luster treated and fully intrecciato.

It is my hope that some will be able to participate.

I found a bag that is Karung Luster Intrecciato in the pre-fall 09 catalog on page 63-64. Here is a small screen captured picture:

attachment.php

Attachments

• klexample.jpg
    klexample.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
Jburgh - this sounds just gorgeous, but, sadly, I wouldn't get enough use to justify.

Hats off to you for all the hard work!!! This will be one special TPF SO!!!!!!

Thanks so much jburgh! This sounds amazing and the price isn't too too bad! :nuts: I have been wanting a knot for a while now. This might be just the time to buy. Will def let you know by Friday. Thanks so much again for all of your hard work on this. We appreciate it and you so much! :hugs::flowers: