Peyton vs Hippie

aleesara01

O.G.
May 21, 2009
I have the opportunity to purchase a peyton and/or hippie (pictured below) for awsome prices. I don't want to get both of them so I need some advice. I know these are two completely difference styles but for those of you that have both, it there one that you favor more that the other and why?

Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• hippie.png
    hippie.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 70
  • peyton.jpg
    peyton.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 296
I did own both bags at one point. Hippie I found a new home for. However my peyton I got back in January. My preference was definitely for the peyton bag because of it's many compartments and ability to use as a little travel on. I hated the hippie because it never stood up and flopped over with no stability. Peyton stands up on her own very well. Hippie also seemed like a bottomless pit of a bag for everyday use. It just wasn't me. I guess it comes down to your individual style.

I did own both bags at one point. Hippie I found a new home for. However my peyton I got back in January. My preference was definitely for the peyton bag because of it's many compartments and ability to use as a little travel on. I hated the hippie because it never stood up and flopped over with no stability. Peyton stands up on her own very well. Hippie also seemed like a bottomless pit of a bag for everyday use. It just wasn't me. I guess it comes down to your individual style.

Thank you for your input!

It's hard to compare the bags since they are so different.
I think of the peyton as more of a work bag in that it can carry a lot of stuff, and has compartments for organization, however it is on the large & heavy side. The hippie is much lighter & has the long additional strap, but doesn't have the compartments and pockets.

what a tough choice!!

i have the hippie in black and love it... it's incredibly comfortable and the leather is so soft and smooth... it's so lightweight and easy to wear cross-body that i almost forget i have it on... this is probably the most comfortable bag i own... it's definitely more of a casual bag for me...

now the peyton, well, let's just say i have a bit of a love affair going on with the peytons (i have 9)... they dress up and down well... they are fabulous as business bags, they are fantastic as big, attention-grabbing purses and they even work as a small carry-on that passes as a purse when traveling... the only downside to the peyton is the WEIGHT... if you're not into big, heavy bags, this is NOT the one for you

what a tough choice!!

now the peyton, well, let's just say i have a bit of a love affair going on with the peytons (i have 9)... they dress up and down well... they are fabulous as business bags, they are fantastic as big, attention-grabbing purses and they even work as a small carry-on that passes as a purse when traveling... the only downside to the peyton is the WEIGHT... if you're not into big, heavy bags, this is NOT the one for you

Johnniegirl, so glad you said that, lol. I was starting to think it was just me. I love the Peytons (I have 3), but they are heavy, especially when one carries a lot of stuff. I am actually thinking of returning my new one even though I love it. I recently noticed that I was avoiding using my Peytons and some of my other larger bags, because I didn't want to lug all that weight around. I love larger bags, but there's a limit to what I can carry comfortably.

I have both. Peyton in fuchsia and Hippie in sand and tbh I use my Hippie more. It's the perfect bag for me. Big without being huge like Peyton and plus it's really great for shopping! It also has the versatility of wearing on the shoulder or crossbody. However the Peyton is just SO pretty and big enough to hold absolutely everything you could possibly need. Then there's that gorgeous legacy lining!

I'm afraid I'm no help. But I would say go with the Hippie. They're a bit harder to find than they Peyton and with they're being more of those MFF at the moment they'll still be popping up more than the Hippie.

Johnniegirl, so glad you said that, lol. I was starting to think it was just me. I love the Peytons (I have 3), but they are heavy, especially when one carries a lot of stuff. I am actually thinking of returning my new one even though I love it. I recently noticed that I was avoiding using my Peytons and some of my other larger bags, because I didn't want to lug all that weight around. I love larger bags, but there's a limit to what I can carry comfortably.

I carried the bottle green peyton today and had a book and a dvd to return to the library in addition to the rest of the accessories i usually carry... by the end of the day, i realized i had gotten a heck of a one-armed workout!! it's a hefty bag but i think she's worth the weight :graucho:

aleesara01, you'll have to let us know which you decide to get and show it off with a few pictures when you do!!

I carried the bottle green peyton today and had a book and a dvd to return to the library in addition to the rest of the accessories i usually carry... by the end of the day, i realized i had gotten a heck of a one-armed workout!! it's a hefty bag but i think she's worth the weight :graucho:

aleesara01, you'll have to let us know which you decide to get and show it off with a few pictures when you do!!

Will do johnnie! Thanks again to everyone for the input!