Peyton silver

Badgegirl

Nov 13, 2009
I have the opportunity to buy a Peyton in silver metallic for a good price, I think? $225 shipping included.
I have read a few reviews of this bag about flaking and rubbing off of the color. Do you think it is worth the risk to buy at this price in the off chance I get some flaking?
I know the ulimtate decision is up to me but I value TPF advice
TIA!

I had one and used it for about a month. The color rubbed off in multiple places. I say get it if u are not going to use it as your everyday bag. But don't be surprised if it dies rub off!

Is it NWT or previously owned? $225 shipped sounds like a good deal if it's NWT but I'd be weary of the metallic rubbing off. I bought mine NWT but didn't end up keeping it b/c I was afraid of spending that kind of money & then the metallic rubbing off. But that's me. Let us know what you end up doing!

Thanks for the responses. The price is NWT and it even has a gift receipt from the outlet. I do love this bag and plan to use it for school and maybe even a baby bag ;)
I think maybe I'll take my chances and buy it. I don't think I could return it for flaking since it has the bullseye on the creed. I doubt I would have spent full price ($798) but $225 is a much better deal to take a risk

Hmm. Then maybe it is not for me...I need something a bit thicker. I'm pretty rough on bags. Thanks for the info

I would say if you're rough on bags then this metallic is not for you. The leather is thick enough and with mine there's no slouch at all, it stands straight up so there's a lot of structure. But, the finish is thin, so may rub off with use.

The bag is beautiful though, and I love it. I kept mine even after reports of the finish wearing off.