Peyton Metallic Bag as Multi-Function? Yay or Nay?

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
Would you call me insane if I'd tell you I'm thinkig about using a Platinum Metallic Peyton as Diaper Bag? That would be my #3 diaper bag, an SA told me that they are super sturdy, and at outlet price I may not even mind the $280, just the metallic rubbing off-issue in my head....? I am always very clean and organized around my bags, diaper bags etc... I never put liquids or foods in either of them, so they would have only clothes, cremes and little other things, but is it worth the risk? I know that my gray patent would be better for this job, but at full price I don't think I'll go trought with her, but I could get (or already got, but still debating over keeping) the metallic peyton at a fraction of FP... I never had any problems with my metallic bridget, so is it worth a try, or not? I want honest answers, as I am torn.... hmmm....

Attachments

• 3653305763_c91fdd0a01_o.jpg
    3653305763_c91fdd0a01_o.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 59
I personally like this as a diaper bag. TONS of room, and very chic. I have the same metallic leather in a Legacy wallet. I use it all the time and it still looks nice. There will eventually be some wear on it, but that's for everything.

I love the look of the Peyton but for me it's just too "luggagey"...it looks a lot better on others! But for a diaper bag I think it would be great as long as it doesn't get too heavy.

I've been using my metallic Peyton as a diaper bag for the past month- Absolutely love it with the two large compartments- 1 for my stuff and 1 for all the baby stuff- and it fits perfectly in the stroller. :tup:

Would you call me insane if I'd tell you I'm thinkig about using a Platinum Metallic Peyton as Diaper Bag? That would be my #3 diaper bag, an SA told me that they are super sturdy, and at outlet price I may not even mind the $280, just the metallic rubbing off-issue in my head....? I am always very clean and organized around my bags, diaper bags etc... I never put liquids or foods in either of them, so they would have only clothes, cremes and little other things, but is it worth the risk? I know that my gray patent would be better for this job, but at full price I don't think I'll go trought with her, but I could get (or already got, but still debating over keeping) the metallic peyton at a fraction of FP... I never had any problems with my metallic bridget, so is it worth a try, or not? I want honest answers, as I am torn.... hmmm....
you know i mentioned that to my mom, sister, and sister in law when i was buying this bag. I said when i have a kid, hopefully in the next year or 2, i could use it as a diaper bag. its big enough.... :smile:

I don't think it's CraZy at all. It's chic and stylish!!! If it holds everything you need, and your not into the whole pink for a firl and blue for a boy thing then go for it!!

I think these bags that had metallic flakeing issues were a bag by bag case. Just make sure and keep a close eye on it until your comfortable that it's gonna "keep" well.

I think it's actually cool that women are using these as diaper bags!!! It's a nice option to have instead of the old traditional baby bags!!!

I don't think it is crazy at all. I carry my gray Patent Peyton all the time. I seriously don't think it is that heavy. I mean, I KNOW it is heavy....but it sits really well on the shoulder. And I have a bad shoulder and this doesn't hurt it....so...go for it! I wouldn't worry about the metallic.

wow, you guys are in a good peyton mood today :P I thought you're gonna throw old tomatoes at me for even thinking about it :graucho:
i like the peyton, i'd like to use her as diaper bag, but once i don't need a diaper bag (when baby is 1.5 yrs old maybe?) i don't think i'd want to keep carrying it, bkz in my eyes- its a diaper bag, not a bag i usually carry. my everyday bag would rather be a pouch or small size purse, but who knows, maybe i'll be so used to her in 1.5 yrs that i'll think differently? is it worth to keep if i know once the "diaper period" is over, I may not want it anymore?

So, after reading all of the posts about the metallic Peyton, I am so sad!! I just bought the metallic peyton, and was soooo excited to find it because I have been in search of one for a while. I guess I should have done a little more research, because now I see that everyone is saying the the finish rubs off! I love, love, love this bag, and was planning on carrying it a lot, as an everyday bag. I carry a good bit of stuff between myself and my 2 young children. I am very, very gentle with my bags, I never sit them on the floor, or am rough with them in any way. My local outlet had the white ones, and I placed one on hold just because I really just wanted the bag, not too worried with what color I got, but I really don't care for white, at all. So, when I found the metallic I bought it without even thinking because I was so excited! So, has this happened to everyone's metallic peyton, and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening!? I am sorry about the long rant, I just was so excited about this bag, and am totally bummed now!

i'm sorry you're so disappointed, that stinks! (no pun intended!)

how about the gray patent instead as a diaper bag? i think they are showing up at the outlets now and the patent would be a lot sturdier than the metallic. do you like that color at all?

Well the problem is I still love that bag, in that color. I wasn't worried about it until I started reading everyone on the forum saying the color rubbed off. I don't know if it happen to everyone, but I didn't want to start using the bag, then have it happen, on such a beatiful bag. I was actually at the outlet tonight, the had the bright pink and patent white, I am still going to stick with the metallic, inspect it good before I cut the tags, and hope for the best I guess!

I think that is a really good idea. she has the size for the job and the compartments.
If you are really careful with wet items it would really work.

Hay what I spent on Plastic Diaper bags at Babies R Us we more than this bag any day and they were ugly...