Pewter Update

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    Hi Ladies,

I just had to update everyone on my pewter saga. I know many of you were worried about my bags. Thank you!!!!

I sent my pewter wtm midi and spm off safe and soundly to my girlfriend. I asked her for those of you that don't know to help me break the pewter in over the next couple weeks to help it become less blingy. Now, keep in mind my friend I don't think has ever even worn a metallic handbag. She shys away from them and I think if anything she was a little concerned for me in my decision to try a pewter bag.

WELL: Once she received my bags she absolutely LOVED them both. Already she's ordered a pewter wtm midi for herself. I"m sure she would've probably purchased mine but it's not for sale.;)

And yesterday she tried my SPM all day. I can't wait to hear from her shortly with a full report. I LOVE the details.

I'll keep everyone informed here with my pewter saga! LOL

I"m too much. I know!!!!

P.S. I do intend to treat both my pewter bags! And yes I decided to give the SPM one more chance. I"m not making any promises as this is a very "flat" style for me but why not try one more time. How can I resist especially after Jenova's lovely review! Sometimes it takes me awhile to warm up to a new handbag. I still have my doubts ladies on the SPM but we'll see.

2. Okay, just quit with the pewter already! You are killing me. I am so mad at myself for not buying one in the sale.:pout:

However, I am excited you like yours!;)

3. LOL, Thanks Suzi!

The verdict is still out whether ultimately my pewter will stay in my collection. It really is blingy IMO. But, then again bling can be good if your comfortable rockin it!;)

4. Thanks for the update! I love how your friend, who usually shys away from blingy bags, ordered one for herself. :smile: It really is an amazing leather ... I'm so glad I took the chance with it as well because if I hadn't impulsively joined the Pewter bespoke at the last minute, I would never have realized how much I loved the bag. And the tassles ... love the Pewter tassles! I'm also curious to hear your SPM review after you've given the bag another chance, so see if you stick by your original review or have second thoughts. Mine should be hear early next week I think!

5. I could totally rock that bag if given the chance.:supacool:

Moonstarr - I'm sooo jealous.:P

6. Lovebags if you decide pewter isn't for you, just throw that WTM my way...

Seriously, if you loved the toned down pewter look then I am guessing you will love your bag when it comes back to you. Let us know how it goes!

7. Can't wait to hear how it goes after you get them back. I think the pewter is stunning.

8. Thanks Ladies. My bags are coming back to me this week. Stay tuned for part two. I"m actually going to go "somewhere" wearing my pewter. I CAN do this!!!!

I'll take baby steps and start with the grocery store!;)

Kidding aside, I"m sure once the pewter breaks in I'll love it!

9. My pewter wtm midi and Spm are due to return today.
    I actually can't wait to give these bags another try especially after reading everyone's reviews.

Thanks all for your encouragement. You know I really want to LOVE pewter.....

10. Go for it! My mom, who is not blingy at all in her clothing/bag choices, saw the pewter and fell in LOVE...I hope that it works out for you! :yes:

11. #11 Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
    Thanks Lo!:smile:

Okay ladies, here's the scoop. My pewter wtm and spm arrived home safely. And I"m starting to like my pewter wtm more and more..... I will say that I find it not to stay put on my shoulders as nicely as my matte leather for some reason. But, maybe once it's broken in more that will help.

Also, I can't say I'll love pewter on a sunny day but I think I'm ready soon to venture out with her on a day trip. I"ll keep everyone posted. LOL

As for my spm, well it's definetely not love but it's starting to grow on me a little more. I"m saving it for a travel day and will report back.

Hope this review helps. Overall, I give the pewter wtm midi a big thumbs up!:smile:

12. Sometimes it really does take a bit of time to fall in love with a style. I remember a thread about handles and which were more comfortable and I was all over the TME compared to the LM. Well, now that I've used both for a longer time, I actually find the LM more comfortable! Go figure. :rolleyes:

13. #13 Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
    Hi Ladies,

Are you ready for the latest? I absolutely LOVE my pewter wtm midi. I've been wearing and haven't stopped receiving compliments. So far, 3 girlfriends have told me how pretty it looks on me. Wow!!!! This bag has turned into the one that receives comments. Normally, I don't receive compliments for some stange reason on my BE's but my pewter seems to be turning heads!!!!

See that? I told you ladies the pewter is TDF and nothing to worry about.;)

As for my SPM. We're taking the kids out for a day trip now and I"m going to wear it all day. I"ll report back later tonight or this weekend. Wish me luck!

P.S. Pewter is absolutely addicting now. The more I wear it the more I want more PEWTER!!!!!! I can't wait to receive my pewter AP and PM soon. And I"m going to try and order a pewter or mottled gold (do you believe this ladies?) flirt with me. Bring on the bling!

P.S.S. And the thought of what a pewter WTM full size would look like has crossed my mind this morning. hehe
    Do you think it would be too much? I"m hysterical, yes?

14. That's great news Lovebags. Now I wish I had purchased both the tan and the pewter in the sale, but I think I would have wanted it in the WTM style as well and that wasn't available. Well, I'm sure a pewter something will turn up eventually.

Keep us posted. I always love your honest and detailed reviews.