Pewter Crash & The Stock Market Crash

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
Hi Ladies...as I shiver from the meltdown of the world financial markets...and feel the pain in my own pocket, investment portfolio, life... I know I will be tightening up my spending bigtime.
But I'm so happy I have my Pewter Crash Make Me Smile Midi to make me feel like a million in these uncertain times. I have invested my money well in this bag. It lifts my spirits and makes me want to put on the proverbial red lipstick and face the world with new energy. We will get through this difficult moment. I'm a great believer in capitalism and that after a thorough house cleaning, things will right themselves and be healthier.
But in the meantime, I take refuge in my Pewter Crash MMS Midi. It's the only kind of crash I :heart:.
Hang in there ladies!

Great Post TG!!!

I would like to expand on that, if I may:

During these unsettling times, I APPRECIATE even more, my BE's. Granted, everyone knows my philosophy on rotating my handbags (not just BE's) to help "jusfify" another treat coming in. But, toting around a gorgeous BE around town, makes ME feel good. And especially during these stressful times we're all encountering, this is important! More so then ever....

BE becomes much "more" then an indulgence!

Does that make sense?

i am finding the financial crisis VERY scary right now. I have no financial problems, but i am scared of what could happen, i kind of feel like i felt on 9/11 if that makes sense, no-one knows what is happening, what could happen, it's making me very anxious. i am young, so haven't really been exposed to anything like this as a working adult. on the positive side, i really have had a change of attitude when it comes to consumer things. i make a concious effort to buy ethically and I want to buy things that will last and that i can enjoy. i kind of feel that although i am scared of the economy, that i shouldn't feel guilty about having a petrol MMS on order. i am not sure my cash is any safer in the bank than it is in my handbags right now! having my BEs by my side help me feel polished and in control. i know i will enjoy and use it like my other bags. Those simple positive reinforcements are very important to me right now.

i am finding the financial crisis VERY scary right now. I have no financial problems, but i am scared of what could happen, i kind of feel like i felt on 9/11 if that makes sense, no-one knows what is happening, what could happen, it's making me very anxious. i am young, so haven't really been exposed to anything like this as a working adult. on the positive side, i really have had a change of attitude when it comes to consumer things. i make a concious effort to buy ethically and I want to buy things that will last and that i can enjoy. i kind of feel that although i am scared of the economy, that i shouldn't feel guilty about having a petrol MMS on order. i am not sure my cash is any safer in the bank than it is in my handbags right now! having my BEs by my side help me feel polished and in control. i know i will enjoy and use it like my other bags. Those simple positive reinforcements are very important to me right now.

Polished and in control, perfect way to describe!!!:tup:

I feel the same way...my DH keeps telling me not to worry so much but just to be a little more careful with my spending right now. I know what you mean though...this is the first economic crisis that I'm experiencing as an adult too.

I think being careful with spending, not being wasteful, is a very good idea right now. The mood is somber. Don't rack up credit card debt whatever you do. Just carry your BE and be..."polished and in control." That's all really anyone can do.

^^^
Somber is the perfect word to describe it. I'm so thankful that my husband is great with money/savings/investments and that his job stays stable even when the economy goes sour. Thanks to him we pay everything in cash so our only debt is a car loan right now. If I were still single or married someone more like me, we'd be in debt with very little savings or investments. Its made me very aware of being sure to teach my children the importance of good money management and savings. I love my parents with all my heart but I wish they had taught us these basics rather than raising us with an "easy come easy go" outlook...
On the flip side, the unstable economy is great for driving down home prices. We're young and have been saving for a decent down payment and basically waiting out the spike in real estate. The price for a decent house in a good neighborhood here is astronomical so we're super excited about the prices coming down as we want to continue to live comfortably. I hope we can find something with a nice little walk in closet (I just about died when I saw the closet Big had done for Carrie in the SATC movie...loved it!) to display my bags. :love:

Yes, it is a little scary right now - fortunately, DH and I don't need our retirement income for a long time yet so we can ride this out as it will even out and climb back up as it always does - I'm definitely cutting back on spending and am going to start using all of the things I've gotten such a great deal on but yet have to wear or carry! Also, I'll continue to do a little more clearing out of the closets of a few nice things I'm not using.

Unfortunately, even though I don't need my retirement for a long time, I do need my job, and the credit squeeze directly affects all of us...those of us on Wall St. first, and within weeks, it will funnel into what they keep calling "Main Street." When the employers in Kansas lose their lines of credit and can't make payment on their next shipment of worse, payroll, they will go under just as fast as Lehman Brothers did, only the effects will be worldwide...this is as bad as I have ever seen...

But it will clear out the cobwebs for sure either way. We'll all survive this...

I agree with MelissaAnn...first Wall St., then Main St. I think we all have to be prudent. Things are going to tighten up. Just be conscientious and look for ways to live simply and honestly.

I agree with everyone here. It is quite scary right now. DH started a business two years ago, so I keep my fingers crossed that it will continue to be successful. You just never know with these things. My job can also be quite scary since healthcare seems to be in desperate need of an overhaul. In any case, I'm definitely one of those that see the glass as half full and somehow always believe that things will work out no matter what the future brings.

I agree with what everyone has said, this economy and the situation we are in is very scary to me. Yesterday was a depressing day. I personally am feeling the economic crisis with the high cost of gas(well we can't really get gas here right now) and food etc. I just don't have any spending money left. This time last year I was buying BE's left and right but right now if I want a BE I have to sell one. The days of just buying a BE anytime I want are over at least for now. I don't care or want to rack up a CC bill so I just play it smart and only buy if I sell one. I have to say with us having this gas shortage here it really adds insult to injury.

Last edited:
What state are you in Karenina? It must be pretty scary with the gas shortage...Our gas prices fell to to $4.08 this week and my sister and I were actually excited. How sad is
that? No one wants to buy big trucks or SUV's anymore. They're doing a promo at one dealership...buy a new truck or SUV and get a new sedan free. Crazy...
At least we all have good health, our loved ones, and gorgeous handbag collections!