Pets in desperate need of homes by 6/24 - can you...??

I'm too far, but I would in a heartbeat. I'm actually a foster mom to animals and if any of you are considering it, I highly recommend it!

You can do a search on Petfinder for Rescue/Shelters/Animal Sanctuaries in your area and contact them. Even donating animal food and supplies helps so much.

I love Pet Finder Jasper! We got my Quinn (Siberian Husky) by searching there. :smile: She was in a kill shelter for twice their normal time because she was so sweet they just couldn't put her down. And thank God! She is a delight!

Attachments

• 05_QuinnFirea.jpg
    05_QuinnFirea.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 05SnowDog2a.jpg
    05SnowDog2a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 05SnowDog3a.jpg
    05SnowDog3a.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 71
How awful, I'll take this to my otherboard. I'm pretty sure there are some WV'ers there. This kind of thing is heartbreaking for the dogs & for the mentally ill person who had all those babies. I am glad you posted this because it's so easy to forget that there are so many dogs in shelters.

Ladies I need an attachment of a good photo of one of the dogs, and I will post it on the blog right now. Just give me a photo- my computer is not letting me view the pictures well.

Also what would you like me to write- just that these pets need a home ASAP?

LEt me know!!! I'll get on it :heart:

Ok ladies- I have to get to bed- big day tomorrow. Butif you get me a picture and just kinds give me the low down on what to say about the pets- I will have it up tomorrow am by 9ish. Sound good???

I have a big heart for animals :love:

Oh God!!! :shocked: How can this happen? I live in the UK and don't know what I can do to help! :cry:

Please, if any one knows of another shelter in the US that might be able to take these animals, to give them more time; please contact that shelter asap!!! :yes:

Megs, I've attached some of the pics here (the one of Mackenzie [who is a neutered male, pointer mix]
came up as invalid, for some reason):

Attachments

• HCS-Timon.jpg
    HCS-Timon.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 60
  • HCS-Thumper%20and%20Flower.jpg
    HCS-Thumper%20and%20Flower.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 59
  • HCS-Moe%20and%20Culey.jpg
    HCS-Moe%20and%20Culey.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 66
  • HCS-Dylan.jpg
    HCS-Dylan.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 70
  • HCS--Daisy%20Mae.jpg
    HCS--Daisy%20Mae.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 70
  • HCS-Corky.jpg
    HCS-Corky.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 69
  • HCS-Clint.jpg
    HCS-Clint.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 72
  • HCS-Beagle%20pup.jpg
    HCS-Beagle%20pup.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 77
ETenebris said:
Are they shipping these animals? I am nowhere near the shelter, but I do work with a local rescue group...

I'm sure they would, they seem as though they are desperately trying to avoid this tragedy; please contact your local group, ET!

Please can everyone in the US, who reads this, contact their local shelter/rescue group, ASAP, to see if they have any room for (even just one of) these poor cats and dogs! :yes:

Please don't assume that somebody else will have done it already - they probably haven't!!!

Here's a link directly to the page listing all the animals:

http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?animal=&breed=&age=&size=&specialNeeds=&declawedPets=&children=&status=&id=&internal=&contact=&name=&shelterid=WV89&sort=&preview=1

Here are some better pics of the dogs, Megs.

Although they are all desperately urgent, in this post, I'll attach the pics of the dogs that are marked URGENT (so are, presumably, first up on death row :cry: ).

They are:

Dylan - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]German Shepherd Dog Mix URGENT[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Size: Large
Sex: Male

[/SIZE][/FONT]Dylan is a beautiful boy with distinct coloring. He was picked up as a stray but appears to have been well cared for - he appears to be housebroken, does not go to the bathroom in his kennel - waiting to be walked first. He walks well on a leash and is very friendly with everyone he meets. He appears to chase cats. He is doing very well so far meeting the dogs at our shelter - prefering females to males so far. If you are interested in meeting Dylan, please call the shelter at 304-496-9379 (or email: [email protected]).

This pet is up to date with routine shots.
This pet is already house trained.

Mackenzie - Pointer URGENT

Sex: Male[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Mackenzie is a stunning young man. Very nice, friendly outgoing personality - he loves everyone he meets. He is very good with adults and children. He loves to go for walks and likes to ride in the car. He was picked up as a stray and appears to be approx 2 - 3 years old and around 60 pounds. He is good with other dogs, preferring non-dominant males. We are still testing him with cats. If you are interested in Mackenzie, please call the shelter at 304-496-9379 (or email: [email protected][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]).[/SIZE][/FONT]

This pet is up to date with routine shots.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Corky - Treeing Walker Coonhound URGENT[/SIZE][/FONT]
Sex: Male

Corky is a wonderful dog, typical of the hounds he is very friendly and loves everyone - adults and children. He is very good with all dogs he meets and even ignores cats. He loves to walk and loves attention. He is doing very well when he is inside - nice manners, quiet and is being crate trained. If you are interested in adopting Corky, please call the shelter at 304-496-9379 (or email: [email protected]).
[SIZE=-1]
This pet is up to date with routine shots. [/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Attachments

• Dog Dylan URGENT (male, young, German Shepherd).jpg
    Dog Dylan URGENT (male, young, German Shepherd).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Dog Mackensie URGENT (male, pointer).jpg
    Dog Mackensie URGENT (male, pointer).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Dog Corky URGENT (young, male, Coonhound).jpg
    Dog Corky URGENT (young, male, Coonhound).jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 66
I'm in complete shock...do they kill the dogs and the cats if there's no space enough??:cry: :cry: :cry: Oh my...hope someone will take them,i'm in Italy...wish i could help!:sad:

passerby said:
Thanks, chloehandbags and Megs.

In view of the urgency, how about posting on as many forums as possible?

I totally agree, passerby!

Anyone who posts on any other forums should copy the posts on this thread and post them on as many other forums as possible!!!

Unfortunately, I don't post on any other forums read by anyone from the US (I occasionally post on the UK Big Brother forum; but I don't suppose that would help much!).

I'll have a look around, though and see if I can find some. :yes:

stefyp said:
I'm in complete shock...do they kill the dogs and the cats if there's no space enough??:cry: :cry: :cry: Oh my...hope someone will take them,i'm in Italy...wish i could help!:sad:

Yes, tragically, they do, stefyp. :sad:

I'm in shock, too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you post on any other forums frequented by people from the US?

Chloehandbags, I used to post on the American Idol Forum but that was last season. Have emailed some people I've lost contact with (my own fault) in the US to ask them to post about this on the AI forum.

passerby said:
Chloehandbags, I used to post on the American Idol Forum but that was last season. Have emailed some people I've lost contact with (my own fault) in the US to ask them to post about this on the AI forum.

Have you tried this forum?

I just tried to register, but they seem to think that my email address is a free one and won't accept it (presumably, they don't recognise it, becuase it's British).

Maybe yours will work?

http://www.pets.ca/forum/register.php