Pets! How have they been dealing?

Harvey is way past his eating shoes, bags and clothes (only designer, he is a rescue with expensive taste, he doesn't do high street) phase, so he has been behaving relatively well, he still likes mud baths, hates the shower or being hosed down, worships the lord of the universe (aka stroppy cat) who rules him with an iron claw and cat insists on giving him a good ear clean, while Harvey is fascinated with cat bottoms (Did you do an interesting poo? Please let me have a sniff, your bottom is Dobie crack...) However Harvey is not past eating his dog beds, and about 100 dog beds later (including the indestructable one that cost a fortune and lasted 2 weeks - but he did break a fang on it and had to have a tooth pulled - cost another fortune as pet insurance doesn't cover dental), so I am a regular visitor at the local pet charity shop and they ring me when they got a huge dog bed in, even if the current one is not destroyed, I will have it as it soon will be destroyed. I have no idea why he feels the need to fight with his beds, but once he has ripped it to bits, pathetic howls and whimpers, massive cleaning up while he complains about the vacuum cleaner (terrifying to a 50 kilo dog). Lately he nicked some Burberry scarfs (only the cashmere ones, we don't do lambswool) and built himself a nest with it, also with a nice Prada coat, because obviously he so hard done by, only 4 hours of walks a day and twice a week the agility training which he totally enjoys, but he has the bad habit of teaming up with Huskies and laying waste to the agility course.
The social distancing really has hit him hard (the cat doesn't associate with most creatures, you have to work for his attention), Harverman just wants to make friends, but if any of the purse dogs growls or snarls, he jumps out of his skin...
Btw we bought him his own chair to stop him from scratching the hell out of the leather sofas and armchairs, so far the chair has survived and it is his price possession - we let him pick the chair himself...

harvchair.jpg

wickles.jpg

Last edited:
So after spending the last few years of M-W working full time with a lengthy commute, March 16th found me working from home fulltime. I was really curious to see how my 15 year old cockatiel spends his day. Well, the answer is sleeping mostly lol. I work on keeping a pretty set wfh routine of starting between 8:30-9:00 and ending by 5:00-5:30. I like to put my time in and be done. None of this going back to check on emails for me.
He just knows the deal. I usually take him out of his cage when I am done work and let him flap around, or hang out on my foot so he can let himself on the floor to wander around and/or chat me up. He can be quiet more or less the entire day and then he starts getting a bit vocal around about 15-20 minutes before I start to wind down.
Since September, I have been going back to our office building on Mondays. This will go on indefinitely. The last few Mondays, I swear, he has been all fussy as he sees me getting my lunch bag and work bag, etc ready by the door before I go. I'm like buddy, come on, this used to be our norm.
We have both developed a taste for late afternoon pop-corn.
Side note, my vet had a 'tiel that lived to be 25!