Petrol Bays Sagging - Help!

I have that bag and the same problem, I was warned by the sales assistant that the leather as it's lambskin would slouch lots with use, so not to use as an everyday bag. The felt organisers r a great idea and I may give it a good. Glad I read this thread.

How ridiculous not being able to use a Bayswater as an every day bag. I wouldn't spend that money only for the bag to sit in the wardrobe until a 'special' occasion came about.

Cupcake, thank you so much, I tightened the buckles and the flap is sitting much better now!
I've also ordered a liner so hopefully that will help with the body of the bag!
Thanks to everyone for your help, much appreciated! I am much happier now! xxxx

Another thing I do when I'm not using my bays - with the cardboard tube that you get from the end of a roll of gift wrapping paper, I cut this to size so that it sits comfortably on top of the bays, from one side to the other of the bays, just under the flap. Then when you close the flap, the flap sits nicely on the tube and prevents any new creases when you store your bag away and also gently trains any creases to decrease over time.

I'd love to see pics once the organiser arrives. I've read so much about the Samorga organisers and I've been meaning to order one since Moo was raving about them last year :lol:

Great idea Cupcake,someone suggested a can of Collonil, which is great as it does work but this is far more practical :biggrin:

I have that bag and the same problem, I was warned by the sales assistant that the leather as it's lambskin would slouch lots with use, so not to use as an everyday bag. The felt organisers r a great idea and I may give it a good. Glad I read this thread.

I have just taken some better pics of my Red Onion Bays before and after adding the bag liner. She's about 2 1/2 years old and although my favorite Bays, not really had that much use. It is a soft patent leather but I have only recently noticed the sagging.

Glad you ordered one Donna, looking forward to seeing how much difference it makes

Attachments

• CIMG0564.JPG
    CIMG0564.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 480
  • CIMG0570.JPG
    CIMG0570.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 473
  • CIMG0566.JPG
    CIMG0566.JPG
    281.8 KB · Views: 469
  • CIMG0567.JPG
    CIMG0567.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 463
Great idea Cupcake,someone suggested a can of Collonil, which is great as it does work but this is far more practical :biggrin:

I have just taken some better pics of my Red Onion Bays before and after adding the bag liner. She's about 2 1/2 years old and although my favorite Bays, not really had that much use. It is a soft patent leather but I have only recently noticed the sagging.

Glad you ordered one Donna, looking forward to seeing how much difference it makes

Can of Collonil works great with SBS's - great length for them but falls a bit short for bays, even the 400ml cans.

Great pics, Mulberrygal! Thanks for posting and it's just the push I needed. I need to get me one of these Samorgas! It may have already been covered but do you have a different one for your Alexa?

How ridiculous not being able to use a Bayswater as an every day bag. I wouldn't spend that money only for the bag to sit in the wardrobe until a 'special' occasion came about.
Interesting comment, those were her exact words but wasn't that bothered as I loved the colour. And despite not using it daily it hasn't retained its shape. Come to think of it all my mulberry bags haven't really retained their shapes....

Can of Collonil works great with SBS's - great length for them but falls a bit short for bays, even the 400ml cans.

Great pics, Mulberrygal! Thanks for posting and it's just the push I needed. I need to get me one of these Samorgas! It may have already been covered but do you have a different one for your Alexa?

Hi Cupcake, yes I have a smaller one for my Alexa. The Alexa one will fit a Bays but I wanted mine purely to give the bag structure. If that's what you want to achieve, you do need the right one as they are made to measure and a really snug fit. It's quite thick felt and being such a tight squeeze gives it the structure.

I know someone mention they preferred their Alexa squishy so used it in their Bays instead.

My Alexa had got too squishy and I much prefer her new smart look:-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 416
Wow that's made such a difference! Looks fab! I'm so glad I've ordered the liner now! I'll post a pic when it arrives! x

Wow. Great before/after. I can't wait for my organiser to arrive now!!

Looking forward to seeing to seeing your pics, which colour did you order?

I am totally smitten with these liners, especially useful as the latest designs are far more structured. They really create an updated look but I still love squishy in some styles :tup:

Looking forward to seeing to seeing your pics, which colour did you order?

I am totally smitten with these liners, especially useful as the latest designs are far more structured. They really create an updated look but I still love squishy in some styles :tup:

Your Alexa looks fab! I am so glad I ordered a line for mine as well! I can't wait to get them now!

I ordered the green/blue liner for my Petrol bays and the wine liner for my Plum Alexa. Yay!

Thank you so much again, this has been so helpful! x :tpfrox:

I saw your pictures and have just ordered a grey liner which I will swap between my pink and oak bayswaters. Wanted to order one that would double-up for both bags. However, if it's as good as it looks I'll probably go back for a pink one too. Can't wait for it to arrive. I had always been happy with the smoochiness - the pink is far sloppier than the oak - but as soon as I saw your before and after photos I was converted! Thanks for enabling! :tup:

Just thought I would post up a quick pic of my bays with my new liner. Like donna's bays mine had sunk in the flap and was sagging badly on the one side....
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397935532.650535.jpg

But now she is a totally different bag!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397935579.836848.jpg

I'm so pleased! Thank you ladies for finding these fab liners. I am totally and utterly in love with my bays again :smile:

Wow, what a difference it's made to your Bays too :tup: They really are brilliant and transform wilting bags

I have also transferred my cloche to the other side. I wondered if to contributed to the flopping as they always seem to go on that side.