Petite Shopping Tote... Broken

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

Have anyone replace the screw on the Oring on the handle before? Mine has fallen off and I dunno how and where. I would need some advice.

2. I had a similar problem on a Lady Braid flap. The first time I wore it the screw felll out and the ring came apart (and the bag crashed to the ground in the middle of the street). I had purchased mine at Saks and I returned it to them and they sent it off for repair. It took 6 weeks to get it back.

3. Ohhh, I got mine on ebay. So I have no idea where the previous owner purchased it from. Any fees to get it repair? Can i just go to any Chanel store?

4. You can bring it to a Chanel Boutique and they can send it for repair. They can tell you exactly how long it will take to repair.

5. Thanks. I hope that they are able to replace the screw.

6. They will replace it just need to wait 2 to 3 weeks to get it done. You will be charged.FYI

7. Yeah I know that there will be a fee. Any idea roughly how much will it be? Hope a screw will not cost me too much. So sad about my bag. sigh~

8. Not sure, I guess less than $50 to $80.

9. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. :smile:

10. Your welcome dear!

11. same thing happened to me- thrice. i just gave up on the bag and sold it. but i must say, the service in the hk boutique was pretty quick. 1 week at most. good luck!

12. This has happened to me before! Two screws fell off - but I brought it to my local Chanel boutique, and they fixed it for me for free! I didn't have to wait long at all either; I dropped it off there and they said it would be some weeks, but not 10 mins later the SA called me back and said that they had the screws on hand and were able to repair it right there, so I went back and picked it up!

So yeah, try your local boutique - the cost may not be so bad after all!

13. Yikes- hope that doesn't happen to mine :sad: I am sure they will be able to fix her for you though...

14. As the bag swings to and fro, those screws tend to loosen up. It's best to check the screws regularily. If they are loose, your local Chanel boutique should be able to tighten or replace them while you wait and at no charge.

15. wow, this seems like a common issue. a screw came loose on my friend's PST too. she's planning on taking it to the boutique and see what needs to be done to fix it. hope you get yours fixed soon!