Petite ladies - 5'4" and under...what's your favorite size for a classic flap?

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm 5'2" and am considering a medium or jumbo. Do you think the jumbo is overwhelming on a petite frame?

2. personally I'm having the same issue... I'm 5'3 and keep going back and forth. I tried the jumbo and it doesn't look HUGE but it's casual and you can only wear it as a double strap. I'm leaning towards the M/L because it can be casual or formal and it can be worn with a single strap as well :smile:

3. M/L for sure. The jumbo is overwhelming on my petite 5'1.5" frame!

4. M/L more versatile. Jumbo with its boxy shape looks even more huge. I am 5'3". M/L looks much better on me.

5. Reissues in 226 or 227 are my favorites. They are less boxy than a Jumbo and have a shorter strap drop so they fit my frame better. I do have a few Jumbos, but they feel somewhat big on me. I have been contemplating a m/l. I love the size, but am a little concerned about capacity of the bag for a day bag. That is why a 226 or 227 is perfect!

haruhii likes this.
  6. m/l or maxi, jumbo is too bulky in my very own opinion :P

7. I have the jumbo and have no problems :smile: I'm 5'2

8. I am 5'4" and I've always wanted a jumbo... however, when I finally tried it on, it overwhelmed me.... and m/l on the other hand was too small... so i decided to go with reissue 226... just perfect! :balloon:

9. I'm 5'3" and the M/L flap is the one that fits me best. One day I will find the courage to pay the money for it :smile:

10. I had a jumbo had a maxi I thought they were all too big, cuz I'm not a big bag person... I'm 5'4 I like my mini the most but I never had a ML maybe I'll like it too

11. I am 5'3, I tried the Jumbo, it looked so bulky and big on me, so I chose the M/L

12. If you're looking for the "perfect size" bag, the m/l is definitely a better option. I'm 5'2 too and the chain is just right single or double strapped. However, it is very very small inside so on a normal basis I do prefer the jumbo. I'll briefly list the pros and cons of what I think of both.

M/L - Pros:
    +perfect size for petite gals
    +classy
    +elegant especially paired with formal clothes
    +light weight
    +looks great single strap, double strap, and a clutch

M/L - Cons:
    -very small (can only fit a wallet, phone, lipstick, and keys)

Jumbo - Pros:
    +very roomy
    +looks great with casual wear
    +looks very chic especially on petite girls
    +great everyday bag
    +well worth it for the price

Jumbo - Cons:
    -heavy
    -can be quite attention catching
    -looks awkward single strapped
    -too big for a clutch

This is my opinions only. Hope it helps! :smile:

13. #13 Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    I"m 5'2 and have both M/L and Jumbo. I personal have no issues with M/L as it is the PERFECT size. For my Jumbo, I don't think I have any problems AFTER I shorten my chain and ordered a Jumbo in BLACK (but not any eye popping color)... =)

14. 5'3" and I rock my jumbo. M/L doesn't hold much at all ;-(

15. I'm 5'4 and I have personally prefer my jumbo over my m/l!!! The size is great, I don't think it overwhelms me and roomy! The m/l I constantly have to keep sorting to make stuff fit. I wear my jumbo both day and night. I don't think it's too much. I also love the 227 but I'm both a small and big bag person. You can rock your jumbo at night too so it's very versatile!!