Peter Thomas Roth Instant SPF 30 brush & powder

simseema17

Homo sapien
Jul 14, 2007
Has anyone tried it? Does it really protect you from the sun? I thought I could get it to brush on during the day for going outside (I already wear spf 15 on my skin) but also to help mattify my skin during the day.....

the girls on makeupalley said its good, the only con is its a bit expensive....has anyone here tried it?

this is what it looks like:

ptrinstantmineral.jpg

i actually reviewed this recently on my blog here.

overall i like it a lot. i wouldn't use it as my only form of sun protection only because i'm never really sure how much i've gotten on my face, but it's great to top off a look for some additional protection, and also for touch-ups throughout the day.

colorscience makes a similar product except that once you've purchased the brush, you can just buy refills instead of having to buy a whole new brush every time. or i have a friend who just purchases the refills and uses them with her powder brush.

HTH! :flowers:

Love it for touchups - I'm always finding myself in the sun and needing sunscreen on my face. This works without smearing my makeup! Also, easy to carry it in your purse.

I've ben wondering about this one since I always bump into it in sephora. I tried several of the colorscience products at a spa once and I really like it, so I think I might just get the colorscience instead.