Peter Nitz

It finally arrived and I love it!!! Here are some quick photos of comparisons with a Birkin 35 and Kelly 35 to help with evaluating the overall size and proportions. He totally nailed the color. It is a perfect match to P5. I am going to take it out tomorrow and will provide an update after I have a chance to use it for a full day. Needless to say, I am already thinking about my next Peter Nitz bag!

Congratulations! Your Dream bag certainly is dreamy :love:

I was almost licking the screen at this 20 cm Dream in barenia with contrast stitching. I hope it’s not too gauche to ask….I noticed on his website an ostrich Dream bag was listed at 7900 CHF (about $8800 US), so would a bag in chevre or calf be a little less than that? Like ballpark 10, 20, 30% less?

18CA512F-5E18-4385-AE0F-95592ED1A52E.jpeg

Congratulations! Your Dream bag certainly is dreamy :love:

I was almost licking the screen at this 20 cm Dream in barenia with contrast stitching. I hope it’s not too gauche to ask….I noticed on his website an ostrich Dream bag was listed at 7900 CHF (about $8800 US), so would a bag in chevre or calf be a little less than that? Like ballpark 10, 20, 30% less?

View attachment 5107021
Thank you! Yes, a non-exotic skin would be significantly less expensive. My chevre bag is larger (30cm) than the one offered for sale on his site and it was 5200 CHF. I think his prices are very reasonable when you consider the quality of the skins and workmanship. The materials are certainly on par with Hermes and the finishing is at least as good if not better than some of the H pieces that I own.

Congratulations on this stunner! I can't wait to hear what you think about it.
Thank you again! After using it for the first time, I think it offers some of the best features of Kellys and Birkins combined into one design without some of the drawbacks.

1. Strap for hands-free use - great feature of the Kelly and deficiency in the Birkin. His traps are wider than H straps and I really like that.
2. Ease of getting in and out of the bag when closed - the flap is very easy to place over the front handle. Fully closing with hardware is too much hassle with the Birkin (for me - I always keep it open when using) and easier than the Kelly (I usually only partially close the Kelly)
3. The structure stands well on its own.
4. The chevre is lightweight and doesn't strain the arm/shoulder after a full day of use. My Togo B can be heavy to carry all day. The lighter weight of chevre is a major plus. In my experience, high quality chevre is very durable and scratch-resistant and I love the grain.
5. The interior capacity is at least equivalent to a K35 and possibly a bit better.

Thank you! Yes, a non-exotic skin would be significantly less expensive. My chevre bag is larger (30cm) than the one offered for sale on his site and it was 5200 CHF. I think his prices are very reasonable when you consider the quality of the skins and workmanship. The materials are certainly on par with Hermes and the finishing is at least as good if not better than some of the H pieces that I own.

Thank you! So helpful! One day I would love to work with Peter:heart:

Reactions: Rocat
Thank you again! After using it for the first time, I think it offers some of the best features of Kellys and Birkins combined into one design without some of the drawbacks.

1. Strap for hands-free use - great feature of the Kelly and deficiency in the Birkin. His traps are wider than H straps and I really like that.
2. Ease of getting in and out of the bag when closed - the flap is very easy to place over the front handle. Fully closing with hardware is too much hassle with the Birkin (for me - I always keep it open when using) and easier than the Kelly (I usually only partially close the Kelly)
4. The chevre is lightweight and doesn't strain the arm/shoulder after a full day of use. My Togo B can be heavy to carry all day. The lighter weight of chevre is a major plus. In my experience, high quality chevre is very durable and scratch-resistant and I love the grain.
5. The interior capacity is at least equivalent to a K35 and possibly a bit better.
Sounds amazing!

It finally arrived and I love it!!! Here are some quick photos of comparisons with a Birkin 35 and Kelly 35 to help with evaluating the overall size and proportions. He totally nailed the color. It is a perfect match to P5. I am going to take it out tomorrow and will provide an update after I have a chance to use it for a full day. Needless to say, I am already thinking about my next Peter Nitz bag!

Which leather did you get?

Thanks for the reports! I am especially interested in #5 - comparison to K35 capacity.

Now that you have used it for a bit are the weight and strap still comfortable? Any other impressions after using it a bit more?

Thanks for the reports! I am especially interested in #5 - comparison to K35 capacity.

Now that you have used it for a bit are the weight and strap still comfortable? Any other impressions after using it a bit more?
The weight and strap are both very comfortable. The bag holds everything I need with room to spare and I am not a small bag person by any means. Most of my frequently used bags are 35s. The shape stays perfectly structured (no sagging or relaxing so far). I really like how the internal rings to attach the strap are on a diagonal (1 in the back and 1 in the front on opposite corners). I think this feature helps the strap to balance the weight nicely. It is super easy to get in and out of - no fussy hardware to deal with. I love it and will definitely be ordering more bags from Peter in the future.

The weight and strap are both very comfortable. The bag holds everything I need with room to spare and I am not a small bag person by any means. Most of my frequently used bags are 35s. The shape stays perfectly structured (no sagging or relaxing so far). I really like how the internal rings to attach the strap are on a diagonal (1 in the back and 1 in the front on opposite corners). I think this feature helps the strap to balance the weight nicely. It is super easy to get in and out of - no fussy hardware to deal with. I love it and will definitely be ordering more bags from Peter in the future.
Thank you! Super helpful!

Hi everyone, the mini Lorin is here! I am over the moon - she is beautiful and the workmanship is impeccable. The entire process was incredibly smooth and Peter has been incredibly accommodating.

I had wanted a tri-colour Rejane but never found a combination that spoke to me. Turns out I just needed to choose the colours myself! :angel: Special thanks to @Rocat for inspiring me with her beautiful terrazo calf Lorin!

Here are some pictures - I will post comparisons with the mini Rejane in a bit. I do anticipate the Lorin holding more than the Rejane.

I am still missing my strap as Peter is waiting to receive new hardware - but it will be bi-color with terrazo in one side and the graphite color on the other.

Attachments

• IMG_20210709_111410.jpg
    IMG_20210709_111410.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20210709_111357.jpg
    IMG_20210709_111357.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20210709_111335.jpg
    IMG_20210709_111335.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 166
Hi everyone, the mini Lorin is here! I am over the moon - she is beautiful and the workmanship is impeccable. The entire process was incredibly smooth and Peter has been incredibly accommodating.

I had wanted a tri-colour Rejane but never found a combination that spoke to me. Turns out I just needed to choose the colours myself! :angel: Special thanks to @Rocat for inspiring me with her beautiful terrazo calf Lorin!

Here are some pictures - I will post comparisons with the mini Rejane in a bit. I do anticipate the Lorin holding more than the Rejane.

I am still missing my strap as Peter is waiting to receive new hardware - but it will be bi-color with terrazo in one side and the graphite color on the other.
Congratulations! It is absolutely stunning and truly one of a kind. You are correct - the Lorin holds more than the Rejane (at least for the MM size that I have) and is also easier to open and close in my opinion. I cannot wait to hear what you think about the bag after you have had an opportunity to take it out. I love both of my Peter Nitz bags and am thinking about having him make another bag for me later this year after I decide what I really want. At the moment, I am seriously considering the Newey bag.