Peter Nitz

Browsing through Peter’s IG feed, I discovered Jetalla Anieu from Indonesia who studied with him! Omg, now I’m obsessed with the Natalya bag….like a Kelly but more casual and comes in a great variety of sizes. The craftsmanship looks amazing. Anyone heard of this custom leather maker?

View attachment 5090887View attachment 5090888View attachment 5090889
Found her Etsy shop - remarkable quality for the price and custom options IMO.

Thanks for sharing this!!!!

Reactions: m_ichele
I was not familiar with Jetalla's work, but I love that bag design! I especially like the navy blue one with the red edging. It is lovely. Thank you for bringing her work to our attention!
Thank you @foxgal for bringing them to our attention! Their Etsy shop is beautiful and those bag charms are beyond adorable. I'm interested in their camera bag and reached out to see if they had an updated color chart. There's also a lovely article about their history and how they came to study with Peter Nitz.

Maybe it's because I'm in education myself, but I love that Peter takes on students. I feel like the training-aspect of craftsmanship isn't something we hear about a lot in the forums.
Found her Etsy shop - remarkable quality for the price and custom options IMO.

Thanks for sharing this!!!!

Yes, it’s so great that Peter teaches others and love that he’s keeping real craftsmanship thriving.

I really love the Natalya 21 Horzo…would be the perfect size for me. I’m just wondering about the snap button closure….seems like that would be fiddly and that the button covers would get worn over time:confused1:

As many of my friends from the Moynat thread know, I had Peter make a custom Lorin bag for me earlier this year. He is currently making a pink chevre Dream bag for me and I cannot wait for it to be finished!
I have been looking hard at the Dream - I was initially thinking Lorin but I really have a sufficient quantity of top handle bags.

How do you feel about the "wings"? (I love the look but am wondering if it will make it tempting for an unwanted reach-in....)

I have been looking hard at the Dream - I was initially thinking Lorin but I really have a sufficient quantity of top handle bags.

How do you feel about the "wings"? (I love the look but am wondering if it will make it tempting for an unwanted reach-in....)
I'm patiently waiting for @Rocat to reveal her beautiful pink bag (I have been following along on IG as if it was mine:giggle:). The dimensions can be customized so I wonder if the side wings could be tapered without negatively impacting the style.

I wasn't sure about the wings at first, but after thinking about it I decided that they may actually help the bag to hold its structure better over time. One of the things that I don't like about my Kellys in softer H leathers is that the sides tend to relax over time. I think that the "wings" may help to resist that relaxing. They also could be a nice feature for when I need to pack a little bit more than usual in my bag. I won't have to worry about the sides being stretched in the same way I would if I really loaded up my Kellys. My bag is the 30cm version and Peter said it is similar to a Birkin 35 in terms of what it can hold and the overall proportions. I will update everyone after I have had a chance to take the bag out several times.

I'm patiently waiting for @Rocat to reveal her beautiful pink bag (I have been following along on IG as if it was mine:giggle:). The dimensions can be customized so I wonder if the side wings could be tapered without negatively impacting the style.
I am "not so patiently" waiting for it to arrive - LOL! Peter shipped it to me using FedEx international priority service and it was supposed to arrive on Monday by noon, but I still don't have it. I don't know what is going on with FedEx here in the US at the moment. They haven't given me a reason for the delay - only an apology for not meeting expectations. There were no issues clearing customs, so I don't know why it is delayed. I am hoping I will receive it tomorrow. FedEx is normally really efficient with international shipments in my experience. I will update everyone as soon as I finally get it!

Yes, I think the side wings could be tapered down a bit and the bag could be customized in other ways as well. The design process is so much fun!

I am "not so patiently" waiting for it to arrive - LOL! Peter shipped it to me using FedEx international priority service and it was supposed to arrive on Monday by noon, but I still don't have it. I don't know what is going on with FedEx here in the US at the moment. They haven't given me a reason for the delay - only an apology for not meeting expectations. There were no issues clearing customs, so I don't know why it is delayed. I am hoping I will receive it tomorrow. FedEx is normally really efficient with international shipments in my experience. I will update everyone as soon as I finally get it!

Yes, I think the side wings could be tapered down a bit and the bag could be customized in other ways as well. The design process is so much fun!
Fingers crossed that you will receive it tomorrow!!!

It finally arrived and I love it!!! Here are some quick photos of comparisons with a Birkin 35 and Kelly 35 to help with evaluating the overall size and proportions. He totally nailed the color. It is a perfect match to P5. I am going to take it out tomorrow and will provide an update after I have a chance to use it for a full day. Needless to say, I am already thinking about my next Peter Nitz bag!

Attachments

• Dream 30 vs. Birkin 35-2.jpg
    Dream 30 vs. Birkin 35-2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Dream 30 vs. Birkin 35-1.jpg
    Dream 30 vs. Birkin 35-1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 354
  • Dream 30 vs. Kelly 35-1.jpg
    Dream 30 vs. Kelly 35-1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Dream 30 vs. Kelly 35-2.jpg
    Dream 30 vs. Kelly 35-2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 322
It finally arrived and I love it!!! Here are some quick photos of comparisons with a Birkin 35 and Kelly 35 to help with evaluating the overall size and proportions. He totally nailed the color. It is a perfect match to P5. I am going to take it out tomorrow and will provide an update after I have a chance to use it for a full day. Needless to say, I am already thinking about my next Peter Nitz bag!
Gorgeous! Can't wait to hear how you like it after test drive.

And, dummy me, I finally figured out why I wasn't seeing your bags in progress on his IG (there are 2 accounts and I was only following one).

Reactions: Rocat
Congratulations on this stunner! I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

Congratulations on this stunner! I can't wait to hear what you think about it.
Thank you! I think it is going to be very enjoyable to carry based on testing it out at home. It is super easy to get in and out of and having the strap option is a really great feature. His straps are significantly wider than the ones produced by Hermes or Moynat and I love that. The wider strap distributes the weight more comfortably at least for me. The chevre has a gorgeous grain and it is much lighter to carry than bags made with Togo or similar leathers. It is a pretty close match to chevre de coromandel, which is one of my favorite H leathers.

It’s gorgeous! I’ve enjoyed watching it being created on IG, especially knowing it was for a TPF colleague. Wear it in good health!

That is absolutely gorgeous. I had been following progress in IG religiously and am so excited to finally see your pictures!!!