Peter Nitz

I'm following the journey as well! I secretly love that the color is referred to as "gum-ball pink" :heart:

I originally found Peter Nitz through the Lorin, but now I'm wondering if the Newey Duffel would be a better fit for me...:-s

Reactions: Rocat
I'm following the journey as well! I secretly love that the color is referred to as "gum-ball pink" :heart:

I originally found Peter Nitz through the Lorin, but now I'm wondering if the Newey Duffel would be a better fit for me...:-s
Funny but I have the same thought about the Newey - I can see myself using that regularly whereas I would admire the Lorin in the closet. Dilemma!!!

Reactions: savoy85 and Rocat

Funny but I have the same thought about the Newey - I can see myself using that regularly whereas I would admire the Lorin in the closet. Dilemma!!!
I plan on getting both at some point. I just don’t know which one first or which colors. :shrugs:

As many of my friends from the Moynat thread know, I had Peter make a custom Lorin bag for me earlier this year. He is currently making a pink chevre Dream bag for me and I cannot wait for it to be finished!

This is a work of art.

Reminds me a little of a special Gucci bag I have that was hand-painted boarskin.

I've been fascinated by his bags for a long time so I'm very pleased to see a dedicated thread and so many bag connoisseurs here.

I plan on getting both at some point. I just don’t know which one first or which colors. :shrugs:
I love my Lorin and have already used it quite a bit, but I have been thinking about the Newey as well. I also plan on getting one of those at some point. Deciding which color and material will be tough. That style would look fantastic in virtually anything!

I love my Lorin and have already used it quite a bit, but I have been thinking about the Newey as well. I also plan on getting one of those at some point. Deciding which color and material will be tough. That style would look fantastic in virtually anything!
It really is the challenge! It’s such a stark contrast with H; I’m overwhelmed by all of the options!

I’m currently loving the gumball pink of your bag, so now contemplating that in a mini Lorin. Or maybe a darker, raspberry pink? I also would love a Newey Duffel in barenia. So indecisive!

Also, how do you find the Lorin closure? I love the look, but tend to avoid fidgety closures.

Last edited:
Hi all! Just came across this thread and also a Peter Nitz fan. I’ve been following him on Instagram for a while now and his work is just breathtaking. So precise and well made. His edge coats are the best! I haven’t bought anything from him yet but I love his PJ crossbody and so one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, I’ll place an order for something in either his novonappa or if funds allow something in gator (would be my first exotic!)

OP your dream bag in chèvre looks so good so far! Nice colour and amazing skin so it should end up an absolute beaut!

It really is the challenge! It’s such a stark contrast with H; I’m overwhelmed by all of the options!

I’m currently loving the gumball pink of your bag, so now contemplating that in a mini Lorin. Or maybe a darker, raspberry pink? I also would love a Newey Duffel in barenia. So indecisive!

Also, how do you find the Lorin closure? I love the look, but tend to avoid fidgety closures.
The Lorin closure operates very smoothly. The flap easily lays over it in perfect alignment and the twist mechanism is super easy to turn. To be honest, it is easier to open and close than the mechanism on the Rejane (at least for me). I love the look of the Rejane closure, but it takes me a little bit of effort to line it up and get it to click in place on the go. I can operate the Lorin lock with one hand, which is very nice.

I know what you mean about the endless options. With H, I would tell my SA the colors that I liked from the current season and just have to hope that he could get one of them for me. With Peter, you can literally have anything you want. He will even custom dye skins for you like he did for my pink Dream bag that is in process. He is amazing!

Browsing through Peter’s IG feed, I discovered Jetalla Anieu from Indonesia who studied with him! Omg, now I’m obsessed with the Natalya bag….like a Kelly but more casual and comes in a great variety of sizes. The craftsmanship looks amazing. Anyone heard of this custom leather maker?

View attachment 5090887View attachment 5090888View attachment 5090889
I was not familiar with Jetalla's work, but I love that bag design! I especially like the navy blue one with the red edging. It is lovely. Thank you for bringing her work to our attention!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and foxgal
Browsing through Peter’s IG feed, I discovered Jetalla Anieu from Indonesia who studied with him! Omg, now I’m obsessed with the Natalya bag….like a Kelly but more casual and comes in a great variety of sizes. The craftsmanship looks amazing. Anyone heard of this custom leather maker?

View attachment 5090887View attachment 5090888View attachment 5090889
Thank you @foxgal for bringing them to our attention! Their Etsy shop is beautiful and those bag charms are beyond adorable. I'm interested in their camera bag and reached out to see if they had an updated color chart. There's also a lovely article about their history and how they came to study with Peter Nitz.

Maybe it's because I'm in education myself, but I love that Peter takes on students. I feel like the training-aspect of craftsmanship isn't something we hear about a lot in the forums.