Petal to the Metal Cordovan?

tinyvessel

Dec 19, 2008
Hey all,
An opportunity may have arisen recently for me to acquire a lil' something from the Fall 2009 PTTM line in Cordovan. Uber soft leather, paisley lining, and all! Trouble is, I've never seen this colour in person! I saw one picture on the board of the Sasha in cordovan, here. I've also seen another TPF member with a satchel in this colour - here - and it looks more fuchsia-based. Is the colour really THAT red as in the Sasha pic? There is often a lot of variance between pictures and real life, know what I mean?
Just wondering - any colour transfer issues from anyone who owns something in cordovan? Is it a nice colour in real life? Oh, I hope it is!

Thanks in advance!

ABelfor

<3 Cecilia <3
Feb 13, 2009
I have a birdie in cordovan and it's not red nor fuchsia, it's more like burgundy. It's a gorgeous color. I've gotten many compliments on the bag, particularly the color. Here's a pic. I don't know if the PTTM cordovan is exactly the same but if it's close to that color, then it's definitely more of a burgundy and it's lovely!
picture.php

ABelfor

<3 Cecilia <3
Feb 13, 2009
It could be that the sasha pics were taken in very bright lighting or with a flash. But I'm almost certain that cordovan is more of a burgundy, it is on my bag anyway. This pic was taken with a flash so it looks more red but IRL the bag is burgundy. Good luck!
picture.php

tinyvessel

Dec 19, 2008
Aww, sorry! It was between getting the Cordovan one, or finding one in Rust, eventually...I knew Niagara Blue was out of the question.
I thought it was unique too! I haven't seen a pouchette in that colour yet. Hopefully it's crazy soft since it's from the original line.