PETA demonstrates on the Champs Elyesee

teknerd122

Oct 21, 2007
Reminds me of those horrid aborted-fetus billboards. Although there are many people who are blithely unaware of the horrors involved in the fur trade, there must be a more intelligent and less grotesque way of presenting an issue.

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
California
^Lol.

I also think they could do something less radical. I think people respond better to intelligent, thought-provoking discussions, ads, etc. rather than just in-your-face displays like this.

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
Upstate NY; too far from NYC :-(
Ugh! Personally, I do not wear fur, but to protest like that is horrible. Like Teknerd said, it also reminds me of the abortion posters. Not anything I want my 5 and 6 your old seeing, that is for sure!

PurseFanatic

Feb 8, 2006
Shock value is sometimes what it takes in order to get a point across. People love to think these animals are killed in a sweet loving way, but they are not.
I have no problem with using leather goods, the way I see it, the world eats so much beef that the skin has got to be used somehow.

But to kill animals just for their skin sickens me.

anoukaimee

Feb 23, 2007
I do not wear fur (I gave away my late mother's black mink coat) but then for the shallowest of reasons: Fur adds 20 to you (20 years and 20kgs!) unless you are an 18yr old and 1m90.

I love animals but that is beside the point since I eat meat, buy leather and love foie gras.

If I were genuinely interested in the animal welfare, I would hate to have these people defending my ideas. I remember the ex wife of Paul McCartney defending PETA :Push:. Please, change your act, if you think yours is a worthwile cause. You are gaining more enemies that friends.