Pet peeves when people talk about LV?

YES! That's exactly how it is for me! My god, it's more irritating than I can even express!!! :mad::cursing::rant:

My mom and dad are from a third world country (I am the first generation in the US) so they're extremely frugal. I admit they're good with their money, but it's literally all work and no play with them. Even eating at McDonalds once a month is considered a splurge to them... so I usually lie or hide my purchases from my mom since she's the vocal and judgey one.

As for friends/acquaintances, I've stopped posting photos/talking about my purchases on FB and other social networks. I even try not to wear my bags around my in-laws because my MIL likes to ask me how much my things are, a major pet peeve. As for friends, I see the looks they give me/my bag when they don't think I'm looking. Major turn off.

My mom and dad are from a third world country (I am the first generation in the US) so they're extremely frugal. I admit they're good with their money, but it's literally all work and no play with them. Even eating at McDonalds once a month is considered a splurge to them... so I usually lie or hide my purchases from my mom since she's the vocal and judgey one.

As for friends/acquaintances, I've stopped posting photos/talking about my purchases on FB and other social networks. I even try not to wear my bags around my in-laws because my MIL likes to ask me how much my things are, a major pet peeve. As for friends, I see the looks they give me/my bag when they don't think I'm looking. Major turn off.

My mom is the same way...I have to tell fibs and hide purchases too, just to keep her off my back. I can totally relate to that!
As for my friends: only one of them is into bags, but she won't spend more than a certain amount, and she kind of lectures me when I do. The rest of my friends/acquaintances just don't get it at all. *Sigh*. Being into nice bags is really difficult at times. I've had people say some pretty harsh things to me. It's just frustrating. Nobody understands except my fellow TPF'ers!

When people don't know when an item is 'Limited Edition' or 'Seasonal'. P!sses the hell out of me, but at the end of the day I don't care, because it's not me acting the fool.

This past weekend a friend came to visit. She was staying at another friends house and we decided to have a sleep over. I brought in my Document holder that held some stuff I got for them, my Damier cles was attached to my keys, and I brought some clothes over in my Keepall 45.

My friends rolled their eyes and said "You have to come over here all high and mighty with your LV's and show off huh?" "I can't even comfortable pay rent for me and my child and you over here with a hundreds of dollars worth of LV's"
My jaw dropped and just said "Sorry"
I felt so bad...................................

I placed my Alma MM on the floor in the church nursery (it has carpet) this guy not paying attention was about to step right on the side vachetta, I grabbed his leg before he cld. He said if it's that important to u it shldnt be on the floor :wtf: I was like so is ur kid but I don't step on him... BE CAREFUL, WATCH WHERE UR GOING!!!

haha mine are:

1. when people say Loui---S--- vuitton with a strong s.
2. When people asks if my bag i real.
3. when someone touches my bag with their potentially dirty little fingers, especially the vachetta and they act like I'm the crazy one haha.
4. i dont know why but i dont like it when people ask me how much I paid for my LV items. Its one thing if tey ask because they are genuinely curious but some people just do it out of jealousy to make a big deal out of you buying nice things for yourself.

A: Whenever people make a big fuss over the amount I spent.

B: When they act like spending that much money on a bag is below them

C: When they ask the price. I think that is tacky in ANY situation.

My friends rolled their eyes and said "You have to come over here all high and mighty with your LV's and show off huh?" "I can't even comfortable pay rent for me and my child and you over here with a hundreds of dollars worth of LV's"
My jaw dropped and just said "Sorry"
I felt so bad...................................

Your friend should be ashamed of herself for even saying something like that. To me, it sounds like HER problem that she can't even provide for her child. She has no right to hold you, or anyone else, in contempt for having nice things you worked hard for--especially when she obviously can't even afford to pay for her own necessities. That's nothing but good old bitter jealousy. Don't feel bad.

I placed my Alma MM on the floor in the church nursery (it has carpet) this guy not paying attention was about to step right on the side vachetta, I grabbed his leg before he cld. He said if it's that important to u it shldnt be on the floor :wtf: I was like so is ur kid but I don't step on him... BE CAREFUL, WATCH WHERE UR GOING!!!

Love your quick and witty come-back! :woohoo: I might think of saying that, but probably days after the fact -- when it would be too late.

As a new LV owner, I haven't yet encountered the almost inevitable question of "how much did that cost?," but I want to be prepared with a quick and witty comeback, one that will deflect the question but not be TOO rude in response to their rudeness. I hate stooping to that low a level!

So, I was thinking, what about "If you can tell me how much is in your bank account, I'll let you know if you can afford it." Said sweetly. With a wink.

Any thoughts? Bee-yotchy? Witty? Ideas and opinions welcome.

As a new LV owner, I haven't yet encountered the almost inevitable question of "how much did that cost?," but I want to be prepared with a quick and witty comeback, one that will deflect the question but not be TOO rude in response to their rudeness. I hate stooping to that low a level!

So, I was thinking, what about "If you can tell me how much is in your bank account, I'll let you know if you can afford it." Said sweetly. With a wink.

Any thoughts? Bee-yotchy? Witty? Ideas and opinions welcome.

Way b*tchy. My husband told me just to tell people "It was a gift" from now on.

Way b*tchy. My husband told me just to tell people "It was a gift" from now on.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Looks worse in print than I heard it in my head. And I'm glad I didn't say it to anyone...although maybe I'll continue to think it when confronted with a hater. ;) I'll just stick with "it was a gift." Honest AND non-confrontational.

Thanks for your opinion! :smile:

Mine are:

-Online, when they spell Louis wrong. "Louie" "Lous" "Lowis?" :roflmfao:
-Calling speedys and neverfulls cheap. Since when was $800 considered cheap..?
-Acting as if a girl needs to be a certain age for it to be appropriate for her to be able to carry LV.:huh:

What are yours? :smile:

Agree with everything you said, with a 2 caveats:

Speedys and Neverfulls - I think the reason that people they are cheap is because they are more common than any other LV style. That would be my idea, at least.

While I don't think people need to be a certain age to have nice things, I do think they need to be responsible enough to take care of them. Usually, responsibility comes with age, although there are exceptions to every "rule."

My personal pet peeves:
1. When people assume that I'm moneyed or am spoiled, just because I carry LVs. I work hard and save for everything I buy, so a splurge should never be a big deal.

2. When people "can't justify" paying x-amount for a handbag, when talking about how their friend's husband, wife, etc. bought LV items for them. WTF? To each his/her own, yeah?