Pet loss

Collie5 said:
It sometimes take a LOT of time and in my case two especially will never be healed. I miss them every day. It's the hardest and worst part of owning our furry family members, and it never gets easier. I know as I've lost many through my life so far. My deepest sympathies to you.

Collie5: aww I am so sorry to hear. Thank u for your words. Each time it hurts just as much? Wish there was a magic pill to extend their life expectancy comparable to humans! Wouldn't be a dream come true? I guess I'm dreaming off track now ..

Irishgal said:
Oh dear I am so sorry. I love Poms. Yes, it takes a while, and maybe a long while. The loss of a loved pet takes something from our soul.
I had to let my beloved Millie go back in march of last year and I think of her daily, and probably a couple of times a week I get a bit teary for a minute.
Let some time pass and the pain will start to ease. A lot of us have been where you are now and will be there again.

Irishgal - been awhile! How lovely to know so many of the ladies are still keeping up on the forum! I'm so sorry about Millie:sad: thank you for sharing with me... And to teach me it's ok to get teary even after almost a years gone by... My husband says I need to stop (but its only been 2 weeks and I just can't).... That pain should not be the reason to stop loving new pets right?

No Cute said:
I'm so sorry. Big hugs.

My Kitty is gone now, and I can't believe it. It's been almost six weeks, but I still can't think about her because it's too hard. I've not got the distance necessary to really process her loss yet. Very hard. I can talk about her with my kids, but I can't "think," if that makes any sense.

No cute: (Hugs) I am so sorry for your kitty. It must been the hardest thing. And. 6 weeks ago? That must be early December :sad: how heart breaking it must of been. Your 6 weeks must gone by so slow like a year has pass by yet the pain is still so intense :sad:
Anytime you need an ear or talk about the wonderful things you remember about your kitty please msg or pm me.

I have not posted on this forum for awhile now but this is always a forum close to my heart.

We recently loss our princess (she was 8 and half years old, very fluffy Pom) it's so hard to not think of the last moments, how it all was meant to happen... And I know she is in a happy puppy heaven now, free of suffering, free of any pain she had been experiencing so deep down I am happy yes...

But everyday is going by so slow and the thought of not been able to hug her, touch her, give her kisses just tears my heart up and it's so hard to go by...

I wish time went by faster but it's not :sad:

Im so sorry.:hugs:
I had to put my Chi down recently..I still can't talk about her without crying..:cry::sad:

Hang in there..times heals..so Im told.

ShoeFanatic said:
Im so sorry.:hugs:
I had to put my Chi down recently..I still can't talk about her without crying..:cry::sad:

Hang in there..times heals..so Im told.

Oh shoefanatic I cannot imagine how impossible it is to make that decision :sad:( as I remind myself too - our precious puppy is no longer suffering but at the same time I just can't help but miss her super much.... I Feel selfish for wanting
To Keep them by my side forever.... However it is comforting to the heart to know they can run happily and freely now... Right?

It's almost 3am here and I think I'm almost ready for bed. Haven't been able to get to bed until early dawn hours the recent days but I truly thank all you incredible ladies for reaching out, sharing your experiences with me. I no longer feel as alone going through this as I did...so thank you again.

I'm sorry for your loss, I know it's hard and it may take some time but you will get threw it. I also lost a furbaby about 3-4 months ago very unexpectedly and was very depressed for a while. Furbabies become such a big part of our lives with out us realizing it until they are gone. It's hard when you realize you no longer need to do all your normal daily rituals, feeding, petting, playing with them. You feel like you have all this new free time and you don't know what to do with it. Just remember your pup had a great life with you, that she loved you, and all the good times you had with her.

It's almost 3am here and I think I'm almost ready for bed. Haven't been able to get to bed until early dawn hours the recent days but I truly thank all you incredible ladies for reaching out, sharing your experiences with me. I no longer feel as alone going through this as I did...so thank you again.

This is how I am too - up late, waking early - I have never (sorry, not trying to hijack your thread) known grief like this before. It's horrible. I am a mess.

clevercat said:
This is how I am too - up late, waking early - I have never (sorry, not trying to hijack your thread) known grief like this before. It's horrible. I am a mess.

Hugs. Never hijack clevercat.
I am so sorry for your loss as well. Anytime you like an ear I am here. As I remind myself every minute, think of the happy times and how she no longer suffers... That is the best comfort to her absence.

I have lost several pets over the years and I don't want to sound crazy, but they have always somehow let me know eventually that they are happy and it is time to let go of the grieving, whether it's through a dream or I catch a glimpse of their "spirit. Most recently we lost a horse and I have been very sad but I swear the other evening I saw him in the pasture, near his grave---just a silhouette, really, but I knew it was him. The other horse was in the barn at the time. He was just standing there with his head up and his ears pointed forward. He looked peaceful.

Of course it could've been a deer, lol (a very LARGE deer) but I think it was Blackhawk coming back to say good-bye. Whatever it was, it made me feel better. I have had similar experiences with cats, as well. There just comes a moment when a message gets through that everything is all right. I can't explain it and I'm sure I sound like a nutcase but even though they are "just animals" our pets know we love them and they don't want us to be sad forever, because they love us, too.

I have lost several pets over the years and I don't want to sound crazy, but they have always somehow let me know eventually that they are happy and it is time to let go of the grieving, whether it's through a dream or I catch a glimpse of their "spirit. Most recently we lost a horse and I have been very sad but I swear the other evening I saw him in the pasture, near his grave---just a silhouette, really, but I knew it was him. The other horse was in the barn at the time. He was just standing there with his head up and his ears pointed forward. He looked peaceful.

Of course it could've been a deer, lol (a very LARGE deer) but I think it was Blackhawk coming back to say good-bye. Whatever it was, it made me feel better. I have had similar experiences with cats, as well. There just comes a moment when a message gets through that everything is all right. I can't explain it and I'm sure I sound like a nutcase but even though they are "just animals" our pets know we love them and they don't want us to be sad forever, because they love us, too.

What a lovely post, and thank you for sharing it. I believe the same way and have had similar things happen with the loss of some of my furbabies. And, anyone who thinks they are "just animals" has never shared a special bond with an animal, and that I find sad.

I am still waiting for that sign from Solly (and perhaps that's why I am still such a tearful wreck) - but around the anniversary of Colin's death, there were a few times I felt a cat brushing up against my legs, looked down to see who it was - and there was nobody there, so I think perhaps he dropped by to let me know he was OK....
I have 'seen' Clyde, the first feline love of my life, sitting by the door, the way he used to when he was with me...
And a week or so after Wendell passed, I saw a small ginger and white cat, there and gone in a moment - out at the front of my home. Never seen him before or since (and I know all the neighbourhood kittehs) and I like to think it was Wendell letting me know all was OK.
My aunt had a pup who was the centre of her life. When he passed, she was destroyed. One afternoon some months after, she woke up from a nap to find Sheppie sitting with his chin on her knee - so real that she reached out to touch him...from then on she was at peace over his passing. My Aunty passed away three years ago and I know Sheppie and her cats were waiting for her at the Bridge....