pet friendly ant killer

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
we used to use Lysol kitchen cleaner to kill ants. seems to be out of stock everywhere now. I found something called aunt fanny's but not many places sell it and can't find free shipping. someone said water and vinegar but we don't want the acid on our wood floors. any suggestions?

While this won’t kill on contact it will take maybe 24 hours to rid you of ants. 1/2 T Borax, T sugar and cup of water. Put in cotton balls to absorb really well then place where you see ants. Ants will drink the sugar water therefore ingesting borax- take it to the nest and kills all of them.

Doesn't work immediately. It cuts the exoskeleton and they dehydrate. Good preventative too though
I used similar method years ago for fleas (Borax). but we recently had a pretty major invasion of teeny tiny ants and needed something to kill them on contact. we can't seem to find Lysol kitchen cleaner which we used to use but think Windex (no ammonia) wil do it.

I leave bowls of water outside. I change the water daily so the mosquito don't breed in them. I also water outside regularly. So far so good here.
It could just be a seasonal thing if you hadn't had them before. Every year the beginning of September we get a spate of flying insects then *poof* they are gone as quickly as they arrived

I leave bowls of water outside. I change the water daily so the mosquito don't breed in them. I also water outside regularly. So far so good here.
It could just be a seasonal thing if you hadn't had them before. Every year the beginning of September we get a spate of flying insects then *poof* they are gone as quickly as they arrived
my cats are indoors so we have to have water in the house for them.
we've been in this house going on three years and this is the second time we had ants - once about a year ago and then a couple of weeks ago. both times the tiny ones - not talking regular small ants; these are teeny - I guess maybe sugar ants

are you read for this super hot weather coming our way? I hate it

my cats are indoors so we have to have water in the house for them.
we've been in this house going on three years and this is the second time we had ants - once about a year ago and then a couple of weeks ago. both times the tiny ones - not talking regular small ants; these are teeny - I guess maybe sugar ants

They might be grease ants. The reason I do water outside is to hopefully make it unnecessary for them to come inside. Of course the bowl of water on the carport side is there for any critter passing through that might need it. We drained our patio fountain yesterday because of the mosquitoes so I increased the size of the water bowl on that side
are you read for this super hot weather coming our way? I hate it

No. I am NEVER ready for it. We have no AC. I have to work and now the BF wants to go visit friends to watch the Derby so I will be worried about the cats in the heat those few hours. I get off at 4 and will come straight home and he says he won't be leaving until 1 or 2 but STILL...........