pet friendly ant killer

They might be grease ants. The reason I do water outside is to hopefully make it unnecessary for them to come inside. Of course the bowl of water on the carport side is there for any critter passing through that might need it. We drained our patio fountain yesterday because of the mosquitoes so I increased the size of the water bowl on that side

No. I am NEVER ready for it. We have no AC. I have to work and now the BF wants to go visit friends to watch the Derby so I will be worried about the cats in the heat those few hours. I get off at 4 and will come straight home and he says he won't be leaving until 1 or 2 but STILL...........
oh so you put water outside even tho cats have it inside? interesting idea

I know what you mean about worrying about the kitties in the heat. but your home should be cooler inside than the outside even w/o AC - hopefully. as long as they have water and it's not that long a time

They might be grease ants. The reason I do water outside is to hopefully make it unnecessary for them to come inside. Of course the bowl of water on the carport side is there for any critter passing through that might need it. We drained our patio fountain yesterday because of the mosquitoes so I increased the size of the water bowl on that side

No. I am NEVER ready for it. We have no AC. I have to work and now the BF wants to go visit friends to watch the Derby so I will be worried about the cats in the heat those few hours. I get off at 4 and will come straight home and he says he won't be leaving until 1 or 2 but STILL...........
just looked up grease ants....disgusting.....I hate bugs....whatever they were, DH followed their trail from the kitchen to the garage and out the door....outside he found a couple of nests with thousands of them (which he killed) .....uugh....haven't seen them since and hope they don't come back

Food grade diatomaceous earth

This is the only thing I use. I sprinkle it along the edge of the kitchen counter where the ant trails are, I sprinkle it around the base of the kitchen window, and I sprinkle it outside around the foundation of the house where I think the ants may be coming in. If it gets wet it's not effective. I have a friend who sprinkled cloves but I've read that ants love cloves. And curry. And coffee grounds. A good way to get rid of the ants is to move and bag any attractions near the kitchen windows like honey, sugar, fruit, coffee, anything that might be drawing them inside. And clean up the spice cabinet.

Reactions: poopsie
This is the only thing I use. I sprinkle it along the edge of the kitchen counter where the ant trails are, I sprinkle it around the base of the kitchen window, and I sprinkle it outside around the foundation of the house where I think the ants may be coming in. If it gets wet it's not effective. I have a friend who sprinkled cloves but I've read that ants love cloves. And curry. And coffee grounds. A good way to get rid of the ants is to move and bag any attractions near the kitchen windows like honey, sugar, fruit, coffee, anything that might be drawing them inside. And clean up the spice cabinet.
I thought ants disliked coffee grounds - not that it would kill them but that supposedly they wouldn't walk over them

I thought ants disliked coffee grounds - not that it would kill them but that supposedly they wouldn't walk over them

I used to toss my coffee grounds out the kitchen door under some plants and bushes under a kitchen window but then I read on some pest control web sites that coffee grounds attract ants. Maybe the smell. When I stopped the practice I stopped seeing ants on the windowsill by the door. Totally anecdotal I know but I'll try anything to keep ants out of my kitchen.

Reactions: sdkitty