Pet cat wanders onto set, interrupts weatherman

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
Weatherman interrupted by cat during forecast

Germany's star weatherman was forced to share the limelight with a pet cat when it wandered onto set in the middle of a prime-time broadcast.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...08164/Cat-interrupts-TV-weather-forecast.html
By Allan Hall
Last Updated: 5:43PM GMT 09 Jan 2009

Joerg Kachelmann was just about to start telling the Fatherland to wrap-up warm on the coldest night of the year when a shadow with an extended tail passed by the bottom of the screen.
Purring for attention and obviously not going to give up easily, Herr Kachelmann was left with little option but to scoop up Lupin into his arms and give the broadcast cradling his purring pal.
Kachelmann had just started his two-minute forecast after the news on Tuesday when the cat appeared.
After nibbling at Kachelmann's beard, Lupin pointed his paw at the weather map where the temperatures were sliding the most.
"I don't know how he got into the studio," Kachelmann said, adding Lupin belonged to a weather studio colleague who was out of town.
"I noticed him when he rubbed against my leg and thought people might wonder what was happening. I figured it would be easier to control the cat by picking him up. Cats get annoyed if they feel ignored. So I made sure he didn't feel ignored.
"I know the English have a saying about raining cats and dogs but unfortunately I couldn't make that joke in Germany."