Personalization - does the paint last?

Why don't you just call whatever branch is nearest to you direct and have a conversation with the SA/Manager, explain what it is you want and they can advise you how long you can expect to wait, what the costs will be etc

There isn't a Goyard store where I live but I will be London for 5 days so I just thought they might be able to my initials in that time but if it takes weeks then I will just get the tote without personalization. Thanks anyway!

There isn't a Goyard store where I live but I will be London for 5 days so I just thought they might be able to my initials in that time but if it takes weeks then I will just get the tote without personalization. Thanks anyway!

Therefore I would suggest you look up their number, give them a call before you arrive in London and they can advise you of the anticipated timescale/costs etc

Hi there! When I personalized my St Louis in London it took around 2-3 weeks. Apparently it's cos they have to send the item back to Paris n back again to London. I did stripes n initials.. I'm not sure if your tote will only be a few days.. Hope my information helps somehow!

Hi there! When I personalized my St Louis in London it took around 2-3 weeks. Apparently it's cos they have to send the item back to Paris n back again to London. I did stripes n initials.. I'm not sure if your tote will only be a few days.. Hope my information helps somehow!

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

Hi Everyone,
I just bought an Artois PM and I am considering getting only my initials added. My concern is the peeling. From what I've read in the threads it seems like the stripes are more prone to peeling/cracking. The SAs said since I have an Artois and it is made of thicker material it should be less prone than for example a St Louis that bends more. My concern is if I get my initials done and it starts peeling/cracking it will look bad. My SA said if/when it starts to crack it will have an aged look like it's been around and adds character (I think they were trying to imply similar to how patina leather is). What do you all think? They told me Goyard does not remove the letters though. I was debating between the two attached color schemes. I also welcome any other suggestions on color schedule for a red goyard! Thank you!

Image 1-14-24 at 12.36 AM.jpgImage 1-14-24 at 12.10 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Image 1-13-24 at 5.07 PM.jpg
    Image 1-13-24 at 5.07 PM.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
Hi Everyone,
I just bought an Artois PM and I am considering getting only my initials added. My concern is the peeling. From what I've read in the threads it seems like the stripes are more prone to peeling/cracking. The SAs said since I have an Artois and it is made of thicker material it should be less prone than for example a St Louis that bends more. My concern is if I get my initials done and it starts peeling/cracking it will look bad. My SA said if/when it starts to crack it will have an aged look like it's been around and adds character (I think they were trying to imply similar to how patina leather is). What do you all think? They told me Goyard does not remove the letters though. I was debating between the two attached color schemes. I also welcome any other suggestions on color schedule for a red goyard! Thank you!

View attachment 5929540View attachment 5929539
I have a grey St. Louis with my initials that I have had for years. I am currently carrying it now. I do not baby that bag at all. It has been thrown here and there and I have had no issues at all with peeling of the initials.

Reactions: ChloeRD
Hi Everyone,

View attachment 5929540View attachment 5929539
I can definitely confirm that the stripes don't wear as well as the letters, particularly if you get them on the back of the bag as well as the front (or whichever side you wear against your body more). I've got personalized St. Louis totes from 2010 and 2012 that I've worn off and on for years (and not babied) and while I can tell you the stripes look rough as heck at this point (mostly on the back, but a little on the front), off the top of my head I actually don't know if the letters are showing too much wear. If they are, it's not dramatic enough for me to remember. :shrugs:

But I do agree with what the SA says about the worn paint showing character. With the rise of "quiet luxury," it seems like everyone and their brother is lugging around a St. Louis these days, with many of them real and many more fakes. I always get mine painted because I think it shows that they're genuine (although I am aware that you could certainly get someone to paint a fake for you lol)--and most importantly, that they're mine and always have been. I know someone else earlier in the thread mentioned that they were able to get theirs painted more than a year after purchase, but I've always been told that you have to do it within 3 months. I always do it at the time of purchase, but most recently I bought in Paris and they said they quit shipping personalized bags to the US, so I had to take it to the boutique when I got home and they did check. Anyway, one of the best things about Goyard to me is the personalization, so even though the stripes on my older bags are looking pretty busted, I'm glad I did it.

I can't quite tell whether the color in your last pic with the initials is gold or tan, but either way I'd pick that over the pink or gray if you haven't made a decision yet. I would especially consider gold because it's so pretty! It's more expensive than the regular paint colors, so on the one I have that has gold paint, I only did it for the letters and picked a different color for the stripes, but they've worn just as well as the letters on my others. And if you are only doing the letters (esp. in a smaller size), the price difference between metallic and regular won't add up to be huge.

I own a grey belvedere bag, (the old style). I purchased it and had initials put on it. For a couple of years I lived with the initials, even though I didn't like them. Decided to remove them myself. Big mistake. However, Goyard was able to repaint a larger design to cover up the mess I'd made. It's been over 6 years, and I've taken the bag a lot. Still looks good.

• Insightful
Reactions: ChloeRD
Anyone ever look into the non goyard personalization? See some really cool designs on pieces that like James Harden and the like have gotten done. Thinking of getting the avengers logo done on my passport wallet