Personal Shopper and new wardrobe

Purses

Feb 24, 2007
I thought I would start a thread to share my experience going shopping with a personal shopper for a whole new wardrobe.

I am frustrated to see some amazing clothes in tPF, The Wardrobe and the show called What Not To Wear. I can't seem to find those clothes for myself. I feel that somehow I pick the wrong clothing for someone my age and I am fed up.

My shopping limit is very small, because I don't have the money to spend in the first place, but I need clothes for work, at least.

This all started when I moved out of my parents home after they assaulted me. For years I was abused and it was recently that I had the nerve to stand up for myself. I don't have all my clothes and whatever I could grab with me, they are worn out or a bit too small or not appropriate for work.

I want to be taken seriously at work and I want style, just like Nicole Ritchie. I always want to look good whenever I left my new home.

So I want to share my experience, and I thought this would be exciting to share it with you.

I've booked an appointment at Holt Renfew this Saturday. I really can't wait! They don't have personal stylist there. I love the Classic French style, equestrian look, sexy country cowgirl look and Grecian look. I think the French Classic and Grecian would be more appropriate for work.
I spoke to an assistant to the personal shopper and we had a good talk about what I am looking for.

The down side is that I don't have a camera to post my new clothes. I just got a MacBook and I need to learn how to photograph from my laptop. Once I get a lesson on that, I can post my new wardrobe.

I hope you will enjoy my future postings!

a new wardrobe is a good start to a new you and a brand new life :smile: glad that you are out of the abusive situation and hope to see your wardrobe posts soon!!

Good for you! I look forward to reading about your personal shopper experience and see what kinds of outfit you get.

I'd be curious about getting a personal shopper but am a bit intimidated by the idea.

I am so proud of you for standing up for yourself...you are a brave girl!!!:tup::heart:
I can't wait to see your buys! I am sure the shopper will help you put together a look you will be happy with and enjoy! Looking forward to the pics...

im really happy that you stood in the face of your abusers! cant wait to see your new wardrobe..ive always wanted to try a personal shopper but i have no idea why i never did! i get offered one every time in printemps paris but i just have this idea that they would just want me to buy buy buy
let us know how was the experiance for you?

i used a fashion consultant before and she was really talented. everytime i wear stuff that she picked out, i get tons of compliments. she didn't work for a store or anything though, she just had her own business and flew all over the country to make appointments with people. it was really fun too!!

i used a fashion consultant before and she was really talented. everytime i wear stuff that she picked out, i get tons of compliments. she didn't work for a store or anything though, she just had her own business and flew all over the country to make appointments with people. it was really fun too!!

My dream job :love: Wonder how you get 'into it'...

Bad news! I got a call today asking me if I can rebook because they double booked by accident. I can't come at a later time of the day because I already made other plans for school.
Because I also have plans for the long weekend, I can't go at that time also, so it will have to be in another two weeks. Maybe it is a sign for me not to spend money I don't have:confused1: Anyway, I need clothes and I don't want to make the same mistakes with my purchases again.

I think having a job where you fly around to go shopping is amazing! This person must be well connected and know all the best retail stores!

I can't wait to start my shopping in two weeks.