Personal secrets to great skin?

^^^Thank you. See...I'm pretty much an uber-smeller...I want the benefits of it...but I'm a little freaked about putting a food product on my face and smelling it as well...

Ok. I'm a slow learner today. Don't flunk me just yet! ;) One more question...do you clean off the o.o. after rubbing it in...or leave it as a literal moisturizer?

So there are two different methods I posted about

1. Washing your face with a regular cleanser and moisturizing with the oil, in which case yes, you do let it seep into your skin without washing it off.

2. The oil cleansing method, in which you steam your face while the castor/olive oil mixture is on your skin. In this case, you want to steam a couple times to get most of it off (since you are also lifting dirt and impurities off with the oil). If your skin is a bit dry after this, then grab a little olive oil and massage it in, and don't rinse.

Hope that helps!

^^^Thank you. See...I'm pretty much an uber-smeller...I want the benefits of it...but I'm a little freaked about putting a food product on my face and smelling it as well...

The way to combat the smell (although I think the olive oil smells good) is to mix in a bit of your favorite essential oil, depending on your skin type.

For instance (from bellaonline.com):

Acne: Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Patchouli, Rosemary, Tea Tree

Aging Skin: Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang

Dry Skin: Chamomile, Geranium, Lavender, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang

Oily Skin: Geranium, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Lavender, Patchouli, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Ylang-Ylang

Normal/Combination Skin: Chamomile, Geranium, Lavender, Mandarin, Neroli, Orange, Patchouli, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang

awesome!! i'm gonna try the lemon thing, the olive oil/sugar scrub, and once i get castor oil the oil treatment!!!!

where do u get castor oil from?

Aside from the general routines of moisterizers, sunscreen and whatnot, everyone's got their own secrets to looking young and fabulous. Let's share them!!! :yes:

Here's mine:
A glass of lukewarm water with honey first thing in the morning, before breakfast. (Do not use hot water, because that'd kill all the nutritions in the honey.)
I drink a bottle of water with fresh squeezed lemon juice ... it flushes out impurities in you body and skin.

- Never ever wear make up (foundation, powder, yuck). Only use lip gloss and eye shadow

- Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

- Cetaphil Moisturizer with SPF 15

- Wash my face twice a day, 3 times a day for those days that I go to the gym.

- Green tea with honey

- lots of water

- Facials once a month for maintenance

- No lotion on my face at night when I go to bed

- Wrinkle free skin from all that Retin A years ago and good Latino skin

I had horrible acne and scarring and 5 years ago I did 6 months of accutane. Totally worth it. I have not had one blemish since and get compliments all the time on my skin-people can't believe it when I tell them. I also have used GlyMed Plus products-nighttime treatment cream, eye calm eye cream, and Cell Science Ultra Hydro Gel. Plus the usual-sunscreen, water, diet, exercise.