Personal organizer addiction...

Well, I'm a self-professed gadget whore, so if I see some bright new electronic I get it. I also have a thing for old technology and gadgets, since my gadget-love almost trumps my handbag-love. Although I do have several standalone PDAs, I find that I use my Treo more than any of them, simply because it's there. Wherever I go my phone goes, and in it is all of my appointments, reminders, lists, plans, directions, etc. Ten or twelve years ago I did carry a paper planner (high school), but I figure with the advent of electronic organizers I'm much better off. I can't set a paper agenda to give me an alarm when I need it. But my Treo is not just a phone or a planner, it's a portable internet, lets me check my email on the go, I can watch videos and listen to music, and since memory cards are so large and cheap I can store dozens of games, applications, etc. Show me a paper planner that can do all that, and I'll say bye to my Treo and my trio of other planners! Plus, if I carried a paper planner in addition to my phone it would be redundant; just another thing to lug around. I tried to imagine myself using a run-of-the-mill (literally, run of the PAPER mill) planner...but...nah just ain't me. Although I do carry around a portable keyboard for my organizer and I don't complain about the weight...

:hrmm: :wlae: :borg:

Just a filofax. It has EVERYTHING in it though. If I lost it, my whole life would fall apart. I'd miss appointments, exams and tutorials. Within a month I'd be living homeless under a bridge because I'd have forgotten where I live.

I am addicted to gilding their pages (Krylon Gold Leaf Pen works better than rub n' buff) and embellishing them with ornate little gold foil corner and edge stickers, while I dream of how they will make me Organized.

I resolved to become Organized in 2007 but it has not happened yet. I still haven't figured out how to use the tiny star stickers I got, I was thinking maybe to cross-reference things.

Then I had to adapt the categories, etc to my own needs, and learn to deal with the reality that just one would not work, and thus purchase more Krylon Gold Leaf pens than originally planned.

Also, I was cruelly thwarted when a client who always sends me one of those big desk calendar things, with the whole month in big letters, didn't this year, so I had to give myself permission to Grieve.

And then I had to work through being unable to make one myself, using one of the little spiral bound month on two pages things, because I did not have a piece of cardboard big enough, even though I had already figured out how I would embellish all the corners with the little rococo gold foil stickers. I have them on my monitor and keyboard, too, so everything is all black with gold embellishments.

One of the personal organizers had a little notepad that I pulled out, and as soon as I got the page edges gilded, used it to make several lists and Action Plans about how I would become Organized.

But somehow the little squares for each day are not big enough, and the ones that have several lines for each day are in a different Personal Organizer, and then the old olive canvas one, which is the one with a mesh pocket and a pen loop, and therefore the best one became out of order when I tried to paint it, because the only embellisment it had was leftover from an unplanned chicken korma spill in 1997, and so the project of rehabilitating the painting process found itself needing to be Organized, and it still does.

These are just some of the reasons for the Tiny Star Cross Reference Confusion issues, which I feel are an important factor in the fact that here it is almost May and I have still failed to become Organized.

I also think that the Personal Organizer industry should really step up and address this problem.

I find that my outlook calendar works better for me since I am on the computer for my job a lot. I would love to use an agenda instead though so I can have an excuse to buy a LV one!

I look at personal binders the way I look at handbags. A favorite is my Coach black binder. My black Filofax Windsor is my address book and is stapled to the gills with business cards, etc.

I used Franklin Covey pages and the system they use is a fantastic system, especially if you are multitasking daily like I did... on a typical day, I would have a list of 15+ projects or meetings going on in-house, and another dozen requests from our authors to fulfill, not including my personal activities. I learned how to prioritize more efficiently with the system and I was much less stressed out.

I never got into the embellishing, but I would have liked to. I am very picky about the papers too... they can't be too thin, it drives me nuts not being able to feel the paper under my pen.

Since becoming a SAHM, I stay organized with a spiral agenda with heavy stock paper. This year I have the Taschen Diary, I really love it. I keep a black Moleskine alpha-tab book in my purse. This I use to jot down new addresses and notes under the appropriate tabs on the go, like where to eat and names of places to remember (Parks, Restaurants, Eateries, etc). I also love Quo Vadis agendas, especially the Minister version.

I tried the Palm Pilot for a while but used it mainly as a document reader.

So, yeah, I'm a personal organizer fanatic. :rolleyes:

I use everything! I have paper agendas, Filofax, My PDA's (Blackberry and Treo) and I use Outlook Calendar....LOL.

We are a busy family. I'm in finance and I telecommute from my home office and have to meet with clients regulary or go to meetings and out of town on business. My schedule is flexible but can and does get busy.
We also have a couple of investment properties that I take care of in addition to my regular work. Lots of work involved and need to keep track of a lot of information. Plus keep the finances related to the business in order.
Plus all of the boys appointments, practices, when I am to pick them up and from where. Who's birthday party is when. I'm involved in their school activities.

Yearly exams for all of us...etc.
I even take care of my parents schedules and they are in a different state...lol. Mainly their drs appts etc..that's it. I just remind them.

I also have to plug in my husbands events...lol. I do so to back him up when and if he forgets to plug his information in for himself. He remembers actual business related things and plugs those in...meetings etc. However, he may not remember 'social/networking' events. So I plug those for him.

I could not function without a PDA. I am a super multitasker by nature but I have to have a schedule or I'm done....LOL. I've been known to improvise well however, if I do forget something...lol.

I buy organizers every year, and every year they turn into shopping list paper supplies. I always forget to use them!! I'll write stuff down for a week or two and then never pick it up again. I guess I trust my head too much LOL. There are some very cute ones indeed and I feel so grown up carrying one around but can never keep it up.