****personal opinions about heatstamping bags and slg....*****

deb68nc

O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
Hi, I was wondering y'all's opinion about heatstamping LV bags and slg? I have a speedy emp with the clochette and I was thinking about getting my initials stamped on it...it looks really pretty on slg for sure but I'm not so sure on bags? My DH says it de values the bag if you ever want to sell it so I have to make sure this is a definite keeper...also has anyone had their initials chip away after a while??....so ones that have done it have you had any regrets after whether you liked it's look after all or also do you think it's more for younger people? I'm older than "young people" btw....:graucho:

Last edited:
I agree with your husband that it devalues the bag.

That said, I have one bag stamped, one bag mon mono and another that carries a stamped luggage tag. The stamping looks gorgeous - I did mine in gold to go with the mono canvas and to pop off the DE tag - and they draw a lot of compliments.

And, for the record, I'm 47 and not known for wearing booty shorts and twerking.

Darn them booty shorts and twerking.

I think heat stamping in large letters are really cool. I don't have any yet though. It's never been a priority with me.

I agree with your husband that it devalues the bag.

That said, I have one bag stamped, one bag mon mono and another that carries a stamped luggage tag. The stamping looks gorgeous - I did mine in gold to go with the mono canvas and to pop off the DE tag - and they draw a lot of compliments.

And, for the record, I'm 47 and not known for wearing booty shorts and twerking.
Lol! Love the "I'm 47 and not known for wearing booty shorts and tweaking."
Loll 23,30,or 47 no one should be wearing booty shorts or twerking.

If you think you could never sell it then I'd heat stamp it.

Lol! Love the "I'm 47 and not known for wearing booty shorts and tweaking."
Loll 23,30,or 47 no one should be wearing booty shorts or twerking.

If you think you could never sell it then I'd heat stamp it.

Do you think it will look okay with hot stamp initials (two) and the LV facettes charm on the bag too? Will that be too much?? Maybe I should have one or the other...

I guess I'm more a fan of hot stamping SLG's than bags. I think doing luggage tags on a bag isn't a bad look. I'd be so nervous to get a bag done because I've seen some BAAAD hot stamping jobs.

Looks pretty hot stamped...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399900868.386934.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399900868.386934.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 471
  • ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399900903.999883.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399900903.999883.jpg
    616.9 KB · Views: 471
I have thought of stamping my bags but agree with pp as my hubby also said not only does it devalue, he also doesn't like the look of it. I don't think I will sell my bags so it's not really about that for me. I have de and vachetta luggage tags stamped and I like the fact they are interchangeable, you could have some with both initials, some with just one, some with a nickname and also various colours so you could have for example blue lettering to match a certain outfit etc. the possibilities are endless with multiple tag choices.
I do like it on slg's, but when I asked my boutique if they would stamp my pochette tab they said no, so I'm guessing they wouldn't do it on my cosmetic and toiletry pouches also, so looks like it's just wallets for us here in London. It looks great on the clochette and if you change your mind you could always just get another.

I think it's beautiful when done on the clochette. A replacement clochette can always be ordered if you ever decide to sell. Imo, SLG's is a more permanent decision since there's not a replacement part that can be ordered but it's really pretty too.

I think it looks like an afterthought on the bags, but I like it on SLGs and luggage tags. It doesn't look like it really belongs on the little side tabs on the bag. The upside to stamping the luggage tag instead is that you can just remove it to sell it.

I love the hot stamping :tender: I think it is a great way to personalize your bag and you can always replace the clochette later if you plan to sell it. I just had my DE agenda PM hot stamped in gold and they did a beautiful job with it. It makes me smile every time I look at it. Go for it!