Person wants picture of the bag on my shoulders?

JeanToo

Oct 13, 2007
I am selling a high end bag on *bay, with 12 pictures, two on a mannequin. A person has requested a pic of it on my shoulders. She has previously sold gucci and chanel bags, so it is not like she isn't knowledgable about high end bags. Wouldn't a mannequin pic be enough? I don't want me in any pic sent to strangers, plus I am a small person, any bag will look totally different according to the size of the person. Is this a strange request? Would you do it?

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
WTH? You have 2 pics of the bag on a manni and that isn't sufficient? Perhaps you could just say the manni is 5'6" or whatever for size reference.
If you don't feel comfortable- don't do it. Just say there is no one else to take the picture or something.

Awwgeez

Mar 5, 2008
^^ Well, If I just thought if her reusing your photo of you was a concern, a watermark would help prevent that. And honestly if your just mailing it to her, it doesnt matter what it looks like :smile: Heres what I do

Attachments

• modelven-001.jpg
    modelven-001.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 156

deekai

Jan 30, 2008
I used to use my husband as my model.......just cut his head off when cropping. I got the idea when a potential buyer wrote and wanted to know what the bag would be like for her because she was 5' 11", so had my husband (6' 2") put it over his shoulder and sent the picture. She loved it and bought it.

Then started using him for all bags and would just say in my ad something about my good looking, good natured model.

DD101

O.G.
Aug 29, 2007
I get this request sometimes too. I always have a friend hold it and I take her photo. I crop it so her head does not show. It can sometimes be hard to photograph yourself.....ask a friend if she'll be your model.

I agree, on a mannequin things look very different.

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
i dont' think it's a strange request, if you aren't comfortable with you being in the photo (even if you aren't showing your face/head), do you have a friend you could have model it?