Perri Hippie in gray leather reveal + my collection

vesperholly

Apr 8, 2013
Today was exciting! The mail brought me both a brand new Perri Hippie and a new-to-me E/W leather duffle!

perri.jpg

Weird coloring here ... it's not so yellow!

ewduffle.jpg

Anyone know what the actual color name of this is? It's a little less green than this picture - see below for a better color pic. I snagged it for $89 from a wonderful eBay seller who shipped lightning fast (paid Fri pm, got it Monday!). I LOVE the size and color - it's so hard to find a medium bag with longer shoulder straps. It is in fantastic condition, I was able to clean off 99% of the light dirt and the inside was just a tad dusty. If that eBayer is on here, thanks for keeping your bag so nice!

In the spirit of new purses, I decided to pull out all my designer purses to have a little slumber party:

purses.jpg

From the back and left to right: Michael Kors E/W Jet Set tote with chain straps in pewter mirror finish, Coach Peyton Bennett in Sand, Coach Perri Hippie in Gray, Coach E/W duffle in ??, Coach Campbell leather small convertible hobo, Rebecca Minkoff mini mac in soft grey, Michael Kors Gilmore crossbody in Luggage

And finally in front ... my very first ever fancy bag! I have no idea what the style name is. I bought it when I was a sophomore in college, so 1999 or 2000. I had a gift that I returned to Saks and decided to use the credit (and pay the additional $120 or so - gulp!) on a nice, versatile bag that I could use for weddings etc. Considering how good that bag looks for 15 years old, you'd think that I would have wised up and stopped buying cheap crap purses years ago. :lol: Alas!

So, on to the Perri pics!

perri2.jpg

Closeup of the beautiful pebbled gray leather! I love gray bags.

perri3.jpg

The main compartment. I would have preferred a lighter color so I could see anything at all, but hey.

perri4.jpg

Huge and deep front pocket. Perfect for coupons and receipts!

perri5.jpg

I crammed everything I could possibly want into the bag, including a giant sunglasses case.

perri6.jpg

It fit but ...

perri7.jpg

"Ouch, mom!" That's not a good look.

cases.jpg

I had stuck my wide Orla Kiely for Target pencil case in, so I took out that case and the big orange sunglasses case and put in my Calvin Klein makeup bag and zip wallet instead.

perri8.jpg

Ahh much better!

perri9.jpg

Perri can fit a lot but not wide stuff!

Does anyone want some big girl mod shots?? :cool:

I carried it tonight on a few errands. Boy, I am NOT used to full-zip bags! I usually carry totes or snap/open-top bags that I can get into in .5 seconds. The zippers are a wee bit sticky (if the leather is bent, they don't slide smoothly) but that also might be me being impatient.

The front pocket is really handy. I ended up putting my phone in there because it wasn't very easy to pull it out of the main pocket. This bag also will probably benefit from a flat purse organizer - my little bags and wallet got pretty jumbled around from putting it on the car seat, on my shoulder, on a counter, etc. I'm going to try a Sonia Kashuk one I have from Target.

Here are a few mod shots! I'm 5'2" and a size 18. Excuse the not so fly outfit, I was cleaning my house when the UPS guy showed up! :graucho:

mod1.jpg

mod2.jpg

mod3.jpg

I carried it tonight on a few errands. Boy, I am NOT used to full-zip bags! I usually carry totes or snap/open-top bags that I can get into in .5 seconds. The zippers are a wee bit sticky (if the leather is bent, they don't slide smoothly) but that also might be me being impatient.

The front pocket is really handy. I ended up putting my phone in there because it wasn't very easy to pull it out of the main pocket. This bag also will probably benefit from a flat purse organizer - my little bags and wallet got pretty jumbled around from putting it on the car seat, on my shoulder, on a counter, etc. I'm going to try a Sonia Kashuk one I have from Target.

Here are a few mod shots! I'm 5'2" and a size 18. Excuse the not so fly outfit, I was cleaning my house when the UPS guy showed up! :graucho:

mod1.jpg

mod2.jpg

mod3.jpg
It looks great! Enjoy it! :smile:

The one in the front is a Soho Buckle Flap style, I cannot recall the exact name. But I have one that is similar from 2006 and I have held onto it, because I love it so!

I like the Hippie! It's a great, versatile bag!