Perhaps I want a smaller BOWL of Chili?

lovekoobabags

Balified
O.G.
Jun 21, 2006
I have a Chili Hudson that I acquired earlier this year. I absolutely love the bag and was so happy to have found her! Only problem is...I'm thinking about the zipBowler lately and I am wondering if I prefer to have the zip bowler (not the trish) instead!! I know it's not really a shoulder bag (correct me if I'm wrong) and it's more of a handbag...but I think having the smaller version of my little baby might suit me more. I feel like the Chili is HEAVY. The Hudson can fit over my shoulder but the outermost strap falls down and doesn't stay up most of the time unless I put the one closest to me over it to keep it in place. I've been admiring the zip bowlers...I'm wondering what others feel on this topic.:confused1:

I have a zip bowler in black and a Hudson in military and use the Hudson much more. The bowler fits over the shoulder (not over a coat, for me anyway), but because it's wide it's not very comfy when it's full. It holds about the same as a small MP, but it doesn't have a proper pocket inside, only a small slip pocket and a cell phone pocket, same as the Hudson, but not practical in a small bag imo. It's also quite light. I love both and wouldn't be able to get rid of the little bowler even though I don't use it that often.

I have used both and I much prefer the bowler. The Hudson was enormous on me (I'm 5'2, 110) and it was HEAVY. When I put it over my shoulder, I looked like I was carrying a piece of carryon luggage. :P It's beautiful on most people, but it was not for me.
The bowler I :heart::heart::heart:. It is absolutely perfect for me. The size is much more proportionally correct (is that even a phrase?!) and I can fit all of my daily essentials into it. It does sit on my shoulder and is not nearly as heavy as the Hudson.
HTH!

I'm the opposite! I just sold my zip bowler and am desperately wanting a hudson now! I think the larger version would suit me better even though the zip bowler was light and held quite a bit. Is the hudson heavier than the alyona?

I think I:heart:MJ had a hudson but now has a bowler...maybe for the same reasons?

^ I borrowed the Hudson from BBoS. Not sure if it is heavier than Aloyna...maybe it wouldn't seem so heavy if it were worn with winter-type clothes? Carrying the Hudson during the summer was not a good idea for me!

I'm waiting to see if I wind up feeling the same way about the Hudson. I'm almost exactly I:heart:MJ's size (I've got five pounds on her - need to do the Pilates!) so the Hudson may feel like too much bag for me when it gets here. But I fell in love with it on Kelly Ripa and she's a buck if she's anything, and I think about the same height, so we'll see. I'm not really supposed to carry heavy bags, but I'm thinking if I don't carry it for long periods of time... It's interesting hearing everyone's takes on the striping line and what bags work for them.

you know my thoughts on the Hudson -- I absolutely LOVE this bag but sadly, it just didnt work out for me -- I'm normally a big bag gal, but this was just too difficult to manage -- it was too heavy and awkward and I could NOT carry it on my shoulder -- this made days when I need both hands free almost impossible (it took one shopping trip w/my granddaughter in tow to convince me that this bag was NOT for me) -- as much as I love (and I still drool over them) -- unless I find a trish or a striping bowler (the large one), the striping bags will have to be admired from afar!!!

Yes, I think you should DEFINITELY get rid of the Hudson and get that Zip Bowler...and if..*ahem* you decide you are going to part with Hudson *ahem* then I would gladly help you make that transition very easily. :graucho: I mean, who wants to lug THAT thing around when you can easily and lightly carry that bowler?? I think it's a no brainer. :yes:

Oh, lovemjbags...I feel your pain. I love the hudson, but am not sure it would work for me because of its size. The zip bowler was my next choice, but I think it would be too small. If it holds as much as small mp, then it is a no go. I could barelky fit all my stuff into a sophia. I just wish I had them all in front of me, so I could compare and contrast! The striping line is one of my all-time MJ favorites, but I can't seem to decide on something and stick with it!!

^
taken a pic of my Hudson,zip bowler,small mp and sofia. The Hudson holds the most (obviously), zip bolwer & small mp about the same and Sofia the least because of the 3 sections. The Hudson fits over my shoulders easliy, but get extremly heavy when full and zip bowler fits, but only if not too full, it really is a hand held bag. Fyi I'm 5.4 average size, sorry don't know my weight.
If you need any more info let me know.HTH

Attachments

• sideview.JPG
    sideview.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 49
  • hudson.JPG
    hudson.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 84
are you seriously considering parting with your hudson? you know my feelings on the chili! i absolutely love it. sure, it's heavy, but what's a bit of shoulder ache when you get to carry such a beautiful bag. i'm still searching for the chili hudson, but have sort of given up after getting the trish. i didn't even know you had a hudson! i got so used to you being the blake girl.