Perhaps a Math Question, Among Other Considerations

500 Cabats each season - that's 1500 Cabats a year? (Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter and Resort)

What a staggering number - Never really thought about it this way!

I'm not sure how the limited edition pieces fit into the 500/ season, but here's my guess - that the LE pieces are part of the 500/ season, taking into consideration that LE pieces are spread out over more than 1 season.

For example, the Ottone Cabat was from Resort, and is still being sold now when it's Spring/Summer going on Fall/Winter. Which maybe means the number of each LE is spread out from the time it is launched until it is completely sold out - which is easy to track since each bag is numbered.

My assumption is that not all the LE of each Cabat are created from the get go and left to sit around - just maybe a small number, which will be sufficient for as and when orders come in.

This way, the inventory persons at BV should be able to track the balance of each style/ colour etc quite easily, and Cabats will be produced in proportion to its demand, so as to minimise cost/ manhours.

Do I make any sense? :P

Now, is it 500 per season or per year? I thought it was per year!

And is this number a total for all Cabats produced or does it apply to only one color?

I think you`re right with the limited pieces though, I think they produce the specific ampunt and carry them as they are sold out. So you might even find colors that have been produced several seasons ago when they haven`t been popular?

Oooh, makes my head spin ;o)

i dont get the impression that cabats are all that limited. there's always one in the store whenever i go - hmm i wonder if it's a marketing ploy. in anycase, i still love mine, limited or not - cos it's a piece of art !