Perfumes you bought and got sick of

1. Has anyone ever used up a bottle of perfume and purchased a second of the same? Gosh, this seems an impossibility to me... I always get sick of my scents before I'm even halfway through.

I thought I was in love with Hanai Mori... I did use 2/3 of a bottle but now I'm totally over it.

Also very over Escada Ibiza Hippie (not that it's winter-approriate anyway).

Also over YSL Paris.

You?

2. Hmmm....I am on bottle 2 of Flowerbomb, bottle 2 of D&G Light Blue, bottle 3 of Kenzo parfum D'ete, probably about bottle 20 of Burberry, I also wear Pilar and Lucy Exact Friction...and L.E.E. People of the Labyrinth(but those will last AWHILE)
    and thennnnn....
    I have in my closet, dying a slow death...
    The worst hundred plus dollars I ever spent on cologne-
    New York Fling from Bond No. 9(think it smells like a deoderent tampon on me)
    Simply by Clinique-just smells like plastic or something BAD
    A couple of bottles from Stacked Style
    Amazing Grace(Amazing Gross, if you ask me-or another deod. tampon)
    Marc Jacobs(I do wear this every once in awhile)
    Dior Addict(what was I thinking!)
    Deep Red(again, what was I thinking)
    MV2, 4, and 5 by MAC(I use these every once in awhile, too...they were a gift and I only really wanted one of them)
    Marc Jacobs Blush
    Gucci Rush(not sure when I got tired of this)
    I think that mostly covers it..

geez...ummm...
    yeah, I waste a lot of money on bottles. I have sold some half bottles on eBay, too, just to get some of my money back. It works out great, because someone else saves a few and you get to "recycle"

3. Amarige. Although I technically didn't buy it, about 15 years ago, I smelled it on a co-worker and praised it on more than one occasion to close friends and loved ones.

So I received a bottle for whatever the next gift-giving occasion was, and I liked it very much.

BUT before I had used it up, another gift-giving occasion rolled around, and I received more of it. And on it went, for about 3 years. People had it in their heads that this was the one and only fragrance I had an interest in, the only possible gift that could be presented to me, and before I knew it, I was rolling in the stuff!

Perfume, cologne, gift sets - it got so bad, I had to tag who had given me which unopened package so that I would not make a terrible error in the re-gifting process!

And of course, I became tired of it much more quickly than I might have otherwise, because I was so inundated with it!

4. LOL!! I HAD some of that, and it was the same thing! A coworker of mine wore it and I thought how great she smelled. I told my mother, I think, and at Christmas, well, I got a GINORMO bottle. Well, needless to say, I never finished it. I like it way more on someone else than on myself. On me it is just too cloying and sweet.:roflmfao:

5. I used to consider Chanel's Allure to be my "signature" scent but I guess I got tired of it because I haven't bought any in years. Then it was Ralph Lauren Romance...ditto. I still like these fragrances, I'm just not motivated to buy them anymore.

6. Just sitting in my drawer

Gucci Envy
    Elizabeth Arden Green tea
    Ck eternity

i gave away to a sister

Cool water

7. how long are perfumes good for? I think im regreting the purchase of the huge ass burberry london botttle with lotion and shower gel even though it was 122- to 77.

8. aarti I have read things that say a year, but I know from personal experience that I have perfumes that are older than Abraham's grandma that still work just fine!

9. Clinque Happy-loved it when it came out. Was it in 97? Anyway long time ago and I'm old. Now I really dislike it. Just overdosed on it.

10. D&G light blue! so sick of it! and everyone I know has it.the smell is so familiar now

11. ROFL! I have to find a way to smell this stuff. I still have not seen even one indifferent or mild opinion about it. People either think it is the most wonderful fragrance ever made or - well I can't beat djgirl's summary of the opposing view. :biggrin:

lellyLV, I didn't care much for Light Blue either. I got a sample vial of it as a gift with some faux bling or carved wooden incense holder or something I bought on eBay, and I got tired of Light Blue before I had even used up the little sample bottle!

12. Oh shimma, it is just awful. I wanted to like it. I really did. I thought it was "feminine" but it is just too "pukey floral nightmarish" for me!

13. D&G Light Blue. I really wanted to like it. It is waaaaaay too strong. One spray is one too many. It actually nauseates me the way perfume did when I was pregnant.

14. Dior's Addict. I bought it and got sick of it two weeks later.

15. good thread. I hate when this happens too!

I got tired of:

YSL Paris
    Chanel Coco
    Eternity
    Michael Kors
    Lolita Lampicka

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice