Perfume with the best stay power?

Thank you so much everyone, you have given me some wonderful options to look into! I’m going to be doing some research and ordering some samples :smile:
If you want a very powerful, beautiful rose, then you have to check out Portrait of a Lady from Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle, which is a unisex line. I really, really doubt you will have any problems at all with Portrait of a Lady not lasting or projecting. In fact, even just one spray can be a bit too much depending on where you apply it.

Awesome scent, though--and unisex in case any guys want to try it out.

I find that Chloe edp (powdery rose) lasts forever on me as well the Maison Margiela Replica line. I agree that Mugler fragrances stays on for a long time, too. I also like Burberry as the drydowns stay on for a while, but they don't project as much.

Reactions: staceyjan
If you want a very powerful, beautiful rose, then you have to check out Portrait of a Lady from Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle, which is a unisex line. I really, really doubt you will have any problems at all with Portrait of a Lady not lasting or projecting. In fact, even just one spray can be a bit too much depending on where you apply it.

I just looked this looks awesome. I hate to not be able to smell it in person but Nordstrom online carries it so I might just try the small bottle!!

My only question is since you said it is a unisex perfume, is it feminine? I really love feminine florals that are deep so I just want to make sure it’s not too masculine for me if that makes sense

Reactions: anitalilac
I’ve been using Calyx since 1986 and sometimes I can’t smell it but people at work have stopped me to ask me what perfume I’m wearing! I prefer fruity/light floral. But obviously it must have staying power. [emoji846]

Reactions: Jeweledrose
I'm a guy and use Jo Malone oud + rose (can't remember the exact name but it's the one in a black bottle). I use it with the body oil as well and that seems to last me quite some time. A female friend of mine also uses it so it is quite unisex. I agree though that Jo Malone is a bit overrated and overpriced too. Quick question, when people say where it's applied can make a difference, where are you supposed to apply it? I usually spray my wrists and rub followed by neck and rub and then a quick overall spray for good measure. Any advice on whether this is "correct"?

My only question is since you said it is a unisex perfume, is it feminine? I really love feminine florals that are deep so I just want to make sure it’s not too masculine for me if that makes sense
It's definitely not too masculine. No one is going to mistake Portrait of a Lady for something a man should be wearing. If you like deep florals, then I think you'll really like it. It's a rather complex perfume, too. Go somewhere and try it out. Wear it for a few hours to see how it develops on your skin. Or buy a decant of it so you can wear it a few times. The more time you spend with it, the more you will discover about it. That's how I always treat more complex perfumes, like some of the Frederic Malles or perfumes from Amouage.

Speaking of Amouage, those are also strong, long-lasting perfumes, and they're also really complex. Many people look at Amouage perfumes as being very good examples of how perfumery is art. More than other perfumes, when I wear an Amouage, I feel like it's a journey because of how their perfumes can develop. They make a rose perfume that is also very nice. It's called Lyric. There's a man's version and a woman's version.

About the woman's version (from Fragrantica):

Amouage Lyric Woman offers petals of eternal rose bloom in red nuances. The song introduced by this fragrance starts with bergamot game with spices – ginger, cinnamon and saffron in the top. The rose awaits us in the heart, just like in the version for men. It is joined by angelica and floral support of jasmine, ylang-ylang, geranium and iris root. The base notes introduce oak moss, sensual musk, woody accords, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, Tonka bean and incense. The perfume is available in the amount of 50 and 100 ml from 2008.

Last edited:
I'm a guy and use Jo Malone oud + rose (can't remember the exact name but it's the one in a black bottle). I use it with the body oil as well and that seems to last me quite some time. A female friend of mine also uses it so it is quite unisex. I agree though that Jo Malone is a bit overrated and overpriced too. Quick question, when people say where it's applied can make a difference, where are you supposed to apply it? I usually spray my wrists and rub followed by neck and rub and then a quick overall spray for good measure. Any advice on whether this is "correct"?
Don't rub. Rubbing is bad because it causes the scent to break down more quickly.