perfume spray ladies in department stores - do u ever buy

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
Have you ever purchased a perfume because the perfume lady sprayed or sampled it for you. Like on-site?
I always find I'd rather float around the counters than run into one of these (ladies) but I wonder if anyone shops this way?

It got me thinking as I was at Neimans the other day and the lady was so excited about the David Yurman perfume that just came out.

I certainly have never purchased, and I always try very hard to stay away from them in the first place. Inevitably, if they sneak behind me and spray me with something, it will be a scent that is not only unappealing to me but one that makes me nauseous!

I've never been sprayed by one of these ladies, but once while my sister was on the phone, the lady had spritzed a little on the sample papers and passed it under my sister's nose. That made her stop her conversation and ask what the scent was, she then proceeded to buy it.

(when she got home and tried it, it didn't smell the same, i guess the way it reacted with her skin.)

she decided to never shop that way for perfume again.

I try to avoid them, but once while at Saks in NYC a nice lady approached me and asked me to try Lolita Lempika's perfume...I liked it and bought it for my mom :smile:

I've never been sprayed by one of these ladies, but once while my sister was on the phone, the lady had spritzed a little on the sample papers and passed it under my sister's nose. That made her stop her conversation and ask what the scent was, she then proceeded to buy it.

LOL - This sounds like a covert CIA operation.

I try to avoid the attack of the perfume ladies by walking by them as quick as I can.:wlae:

Happened to me with The Beat by Burberry...she put the lotion on me too, and I should have known it was the lotion I really liked, but I didn't realize it then. My sister was there too and ended up buying it as well, she actually uses it though.

I typically avoid these sprayers. I don't like how they feel like they've "got a sale" once you walk over and actually smell one of them. I find that once I do smell one, they start bombarding me with every scent there is to find one I may like. Then, they look at me nasty when I say No, thanks.